Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK election poll: Islington North

Yep this doesn’t surprise me at all, tracks with what I’ve heard about internal polling. With just over a week to go I wonder what the Corbyn campaign can do to close this gap?

My immediate assumption is that people are going for the party label rather than the candidate's name.
Yep, that’s a general rule in situations like this, think it also reflects the disparity in resources too. Labour are able to poll more regularly, knock on thousands of doors each day plus have more money to play with…

🤣🤣🤣

This is such bullshit, they’ve known for bloody ages he’s not in the party. Just as I’ve said; without the organisation and resources of a party he’ll struggle to win. And with denial of reality like this you can see they don’t have the talent either…

“Corbyn’s team accept that the snap election has left his campaign particularly exposed in lacking the data and infrastructure that comes with being a party candidate, given the lack of time to build up a parallel system.”

Corbyn’s team accept that the snap election has left his campaign particularly exposed in lacking the data and infrastructure that comes with being a party candidate, given the lack of time to build up a parallel system.”
We can all cherry pick. From the same article.
This week the first constituency-specific poll of the campaign put Labour’s support at 43% and Corbyn’s at 29%. But when people were asked to pick directly between Corbyn and Labour, he was ahead, by 48% to 40%.

“We spoke to one person who said ‘I’ve already voted by post, and voted Labour – I love Jeremy,’”

an amusing reminder that the majority of the populace are not as switched on to politics as us nerds posting on a niche web forum.
confusion reigns.

To lay is not to back. It’s the opposite. At least if KE was using Betfair or somesuch, when he posted that eight years ago.

The context suggests that the poster concerned was using the term loosely/erroneously, meaning they were placing such a bet.

That’s the thing about gotcha screenshotted posts from eight years ago, they do tend to lack context.

This may surprise some, but do you know, I'd find it sad for Corbyn if he loses his seat because people who wanted to vote for him just ticked the labour box because they hadn't realised he wasn't the Lab candidate.

Sort of 'Corbyn is Labour, so I just looked for the Labour box, ticked and went on my way...' type thing.

There's other stuff, like the point about how utterly divorced for politics such a huge number of people are, or how Corbyn and his people (family?) just couldn't believe that in the end he wasn't going to be the labour candidate so they couldn't bring themselves to really start organising for Corbyn the independent candidate - but in the end, to lose a seat/identity because of folk not reading the ballot paper, that would be sad.

If he was explicitly rejected, or the electorate explicity embraced the Labour candidate, that would be fine, but if it went like that...

(Still thinks he'll win though - I even put a fiver on it....)

Well, you’ll never know the exact reasons why people voted, whatever the result. Personally, I’ll laugh like a drain and punch the air if Labour wins. Not that I expect them to.

Back
Top Bottom