Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Check in when you have voted in the 2024 general election

Have you voted yet?

• Yes, postally

• Yes, in person

• No, not yet - I will change my answer when I do

• I will not be voting in this election

Results are only viewable after voting.
First time ever neither I nor Mrs tag have not voted labour. Apart from watching the results all night at work, our office is underneath the counting station. The car park will be over run.

I just voted for the first time in my life. I've always lived in solid Labour seats and never wanted to encourage them but always thought if it actually mattered then I might vote - so despite not being a fan I just voted for Corbyn.

I feel completely underwhelmed. Like, is that it? That's my political participation? That's what power I have in society? The chance to walk into a primary school once every five years and put an x next to the name of some bloke I don't even like. They didn't even had a proper booth with a curtain or anything, just a ledge. It took about 30 seconds. They could at least make more of it, even a small queue would have made it feel more significant. In terms of civic participation I think getting my Covid jab was more satisfying.
They should give out lollipops.

I was a poll clerk around 40 years ago and was told it was almost a sacred duty. Didn't get a dinner hour and barely allowed to go for a piss. Today, the lass who was poll clerking was leaned back dossing about on her phone.

Must go and find a cloud to shout at.

And done.

Went Green in the end.
Almost went lib dem as I suspect they have the best chance of doing serious damage to labour in Brixton but in the end couldn't really get on board with them given their track record.

Last edited:
Although I've already done my postal vote, I went with friends so I could dog-sit and snap the obligatory dog at the PS image.

Quite busy, more of a queue to stroke Bella !
No tellers to shout at.
Presiding clerk, who was also on tea-making duties at the time ! reckons the turnout was quite high, and was on course for probably around 70-75%.

[I brought her inside at one point as it started to hail. PC wasn't bothered, although he did say she had to pretend to be an assistance dog].

Bit more than that, I'm 66 and have voted in 12 GE's and 3 referendums but it's not a lot really is it?
It isn't much, but at least we can do that and have the illusion of making a choice / chance of a change - I've done all the GEs since I was 18, almost all the local councils [inc the PCC / mayors] and something around five or six referenda [we had one a few years ago on a regional major, I think].

It isn't much, but at least we can do that and have the illusion of making a choice / chance of a change - I've done all the GEs, almost all the local councils [inc the PCC / mayors] and something around five or six referenda [we had one a few years ago on a regional major, I think].
I forgot we had one on a coventry mayor which was rejected same time as birmingham also rejected the idea although they later gave us a "west midlands" mayor anyway without a referendum.

Back
Top Bottom