Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

I'm on ur boardz, wasting ur 2024 election bandwidthz

Only just caught up with this; Houchen looks well chuffed! :D

Blairites did have some degree of a devolution agenda, and if Starmer leans into that it will chalk up as a positive. Municipalism definitely on the wants list. But I doubt it will go far. Is there any detail on this?

Possible future direction under the new government? I like this guy's point of view.

This is an important point to highlight. I just wish in this video he didn't say the same things over and over and over again. This could be a very clear and concise two minute info video.

I don't get that one.
I’m interested in the middle section of the bridge in 120 (CE?). Is it a suspension section? Is it a bascule section? Suspension bridges over chasms are well known into antiquity, but the use of a suspended section in an otherwise wooden bridge over a river, rather than wholly suspended over a gorge or chasm, in the 2nd Century CE, is, to my knowledge, not attested by written or pictorial evidence.

I should be keen on learning more, if this is indeed what the artist’s impression implies.

I’m interested in the middle section of the bridge in 120 (CE?). Is it a suspension section? Is it a bascule section? Suspension bridges over chasms are well known into antiquity, but the use of a suspended section in an otherwise wooden bridge over a river, rather than wholly suspended over a gorge or chasm, in the 2nd Century CE, is, to my knowledge, not attested by written or pictorial evidence.

I should be keen on learning more, if this is indeed what the artist’s impression implies.

I'd also be interested to learn how the shape of the River Thames in the vicinity of London Bridge has completely changed in the intervening two centuries

I'd also be interested to learn how the shape of the River Thames in the vicinity of London Bridge has completely changed in the intervening two centuries

Mostly it’s been slimmed down and the banks built up substantially on either side

Back
Top Bottom