Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Check in when you have voted in the 2024 general election

Have you voted yet?

• Yes, postally

• Yes, in person

• No, not yet - I will change my answer when I do

• I will not be voting in this election

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fuck it. I was bored. The sun came out. The drive to the polling station (2 miles) is through amazing countryside and I get to see alpacas. Ain't democracy strange?

PC. Just to make sure Refuck get shat on.

I enjoyed the drive. The alpacas. The sheep. The quiet. There was nobody else there.

I've had a really serious surreal afternoon, I walked down to the polling station about 2.30pm. to the left was for posh people from the south of village, long queue, the right was for us plebs from the north of the village, I was straight in & out.

Apparently overall they were well busy compared to normal for a GE, outside was two tellers, one each from Labour & the Tories, I had a friendly chat, congratulated Labour on their local campaign, took the piss out of the Tory guy, but made him laugh when I said I was concerned about the Reform vote, and I could never forgive them for enabling the crazy frog-faced guy. :D

Popped into the village micro-pub for a couple of pints, that place is bloody dangerous, started to talking to a few people I've met in there before, another couple joined us, she spotted my Radio Caroline T-shirt and started singing their jingles from the 60s, long chat, turned out she's sadly dying from cancer, but thanked me for bringing back great memories from her youth. :)

I am now four pints in, and somehow got talking to a Parish Councilor about the rave scene of the 80s, and comparing notes on what drugs we did back then. :hmm:

Six pints in, time to leave, decided to pop into the village chip shop for the seniors fish & chips, proper bargain at £5.50, waiting for that to be cooked, another guy sat next to me, yawning his head off, I joking said, sorry, but are we keeping you awake?

He replied he was knackered after a long weekend away, and asked if I had ever heard of Glastonbury Festival, do'h! :D So , another long conversation, got back home about an hour ago.

#villagelife.

Forgot to say that I voted, at around 4.30pm. No dogs. Nobody else in the polling station. Voted Green, because it's a safe Labour seat.

After a couple of hours being the annoying cunt outside a polling station, wearing a rosette and asking for people's polling card numbers, I can say that turn out looks better than average, but that I'm even less sure of the result here than I was before.

Am currently drinking tea and watching the Amanda Holden & Alan Carr Sicily thing.

Been here for nearly 10 years, busiest I've ever seen the polling station.
Is the ID checking creating the illusion of busy-ness because of all the waiting? I don't know. When I went past later it looked pretty busy with determined-looking people heading towards the polling station and there was a queue.

My lad's been banging on about my first chance to vote in a General Election and sharing Hot Takes with his Mail reading grandfather but apparently "might vote, depends if I have ID on my phone".

Youth these days, etc

My lad's been banging on about my first chance to vote in a General Election and sharing Hot Takes with his Mail reading grandfather but apparently "might vote, depends if I have ID on my phone".

Youth these days, etc
You can't use your phone as id. Apparently some people tried to use photos on their phone of passports etc at previous elections.

Got home from work, fed the cat, got my passport and went straight back out to vote again. Went for Labour as it's realistically either going to be Starmer or Ratface, and I live in a Labour seat anyway.

Back
Top Bottom