Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kirstie Allsopp discussion

That's it! Haven't been there in years, but glad to hear the exercise bike is still there! Has it gone all gentrified or is it still a bit down at heel?
I work nearby- definitely not gentrified..

Reactions: Sue
Good to know if I'm ever in the area. :thumbs:
Can’t remember seeing bike but will report back next time I’m there.Probably without pictures to avoid locals wrath.:)
McGlynn’s close by also worth checking out. That has kept it’s character too.

Reactions: Sue
I was very lucky that I was given a window of opportunity to buy a house in 1996. This was down to me having a two bed HA maisonette and in a full time job and being eligible for the last years TIS money (Tennants Incentive Scheme) which gave 11K to put down a deposit to buy a house and then put a family from the homeless waiting list the property vacated.

Quite a few other single parent families were able to buy a property because of this. Otherwise there was no way any of us would have had the deposit.

The toilet at the Star & Garter in Bristol was upstairs in a large family sized bathroom, with a washing machine in it.

Actually, thinking about it I guess it is possible I just inadvertently wandered into the publican's living quarters (every single time) 😱🤦🤷
You weren't pissing in their sink were you? :eek:

The toilet at the Star & Garter in Bristol was upstairs in a large family sized bathroom, with a washing machine in it.

Actually, thinking about it I guess it is possible I just inadvertently wandered into the publican's living quarters (every single time) 😱🤦🤷
The Laundromat Cafe is an excellent bar in Copenhagen.

I always thought 'these are the nicest pub toilets I've ever been in, washing machine's a bit weird though' 🤣

I swear I bumped into Ken on the landing as I left on at least a couple of occasions and he never said anything 😁
Best pub toilets I've ever been in were in the Philharmonic in Liverpool. They're stunning (I'd forgotten the name so DuckDuckWent "pub toilets Liverpool and it was first hit).

1644335777769.png

Just along the road from Ye Cracke which is also superb pub.

Heh, yeah I think that was his own bathroom but you could use it if you were in the pool room across the hall up stairs. It did seem a bit odd though, squeeze past the washing machine to have a slash in a regular bathroom.

Last edited:
Our downstairs neighbours moved their washing machine into their hallway , which has managed to fuck off our next door neighbour who can now hear the vibrations against her wall . I can't hear it tbf .

I feel bad for my downstairs neighbour as it's old wooden floors here. The washing machine is under the kitchen counter but I have to wedge a towel on the top as the vibrations are too much.

Still, hopefully moving out some point this year.

looked at buying my council house apprantly its worth 310000 quid 😲could get an 83000 discount still need a 260000 mortgage which is ridiculous for a 3 bed semi with a downstairs bathroom

310000 for a semi-detached house on a run down estate in Brighton is frankly insane
I could just afford to basically I'd double my rent 😮 if been mortgage free by the time I was 74😂

Last edited:
Couldnt find any other thread on Kirsty Allsop so bumping this.

Looks like Kirsty has gone from sitting apart from her kids on the plane, while travelling to their holiday destination ....to letting her kid travel around Europe with a 16yr old pal.. and social services have been to her home to investigate.
Her 15 yr old son is travelling with his 16 yr old friend on an interrail trip around Europe.

Not sure it's really a Safeguarding issue? I guess they have to investigate every report and someone must have reported it.

Pretty sure I travelled alone when I was 15...by train.. not in Europe mind..just around Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom