Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Storm Eunice, 18th Feb 2022 - news and discussion

The names are decided in advance. These are the 2022 storm names, which I’ll spoiler just in case sojourner gets the mards ;) :p
  • Arwen 27 November 2021
  • Barra 8 December 2021
  • Malik January 2022
  • Corrie 31 January 2022
  • Dudley
  • Eunice
  • Franklin
  • Gladys
  • Herman
  • Imani
  • Jack
  • Kim
  • Logan
  • Méabh
  • Nasim
  • Olwen
  • Pól
  • Ruby
  • Seán
  • Tineke
  • Vergil
  • Willemien

One of this morning's background noises has been the harsh note of chainsaws.

I think the farmer opposite has started to clear some fallen conifers. Arwen started the problem and Franklin has just compounded the problem. Overall, this area has largely escaped [touch wood] the devastation !

Seems to be a lot more windy outside today than it was on friday. (At least where i am). Is another storm suppossed to be passing through today?

My poor manager was walking in the Lake District last week with her teenage son last week. She says she's never been so soaled in her life, plus she managed to slip down a hill and into a muddy puddle much to her son's amusement. And was greatly regretting staying in a youth hostel.

Apart from the River Aire flooding causing that works barge to break loose, deposit a JCB and drilling rig in the soup and then float downstream and demolish that ancient footbridge at Armley Mills. Videos on Facebook which I can’t share.
Wow! Though all that water fell upriver, obv.
Didn’t get a huge amount of rain or wind where I was

Apparently the pontoons got stuck in the arches under Leeds station and loads of trains were delayed while they inspected the arches for damage.

It’s a good amount of wood for sure. Surprised it came down, it’s got buds all over wasn’t dead at all must have just been the weight of it.
Soil is probably softened up after a fairly wet winter.

Anyway survived the triple threat of the “Alan Bennett storms” as I chose to call them. A few short power cuts on Friday morning and Sunday night which I think are essentially the network redistributing the power after a line going down rather than a line directly supplying me going down. Next time I must make up a thermos just before the storm for hot drinks. And buy one of those power pack thingies for my phone. I did have one but think I left it in a shower at Hong Kong airport some years ago.

Colleague who lives on Exmoor only got power back Monday night having lost it on Friday midday.

Following Franklin the A57 snake pass is expected to be closed for about a month following 3 landslips in the space of a mile. :eek:

Soil is probably softened up after a fairly wet winter.

Anyway survived the triple threat of the “Alan Bennett storms” as I chose to call them. A few short power cuts on Friday morning and Sunday night which I think are essentially the network redistributing the power after a line going down rather than a line directly supplying me going down. Next time I must make up a thermos just before the storm for hot drinks. And buy one of those power pack thingies for my phone. I did have one but think I left it in a shower at Hong Kong airport some years ago.

Colleague who lives on Exmoor only got power back Monday night having lost it on Friday midday.
Wet?

It's been one of the dryest winters I can remember, it's only rained a few times and most of them have been in Jan-Feb.......
This is in West Midlands - maybe it's been wetter elsewhere?

Been really wet in Bristol through winter, my grassed areas at work are totally fucked.

Still no repair to the communal tv/satellite aerial. We're being asked to be patient but damn you Eunice, i want to watch For The Love of Dogs. :mad:

Wet?

It's been one of the dryest winters I can remember, it's only rained a few times and most of them have been in Jan-Feb.......
This is in West Midlands - maybe it's been wetter elsewhere?
It only needs to be wet wherever Bimble’s fallen tree is ;)

I’m in the SW and it feels like it’s been a wet rather than cold winter

Back
Top Bottom