Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Storm Eunice, 18th Feb 2022 - news and discussion

i have been to visit mum-tat in SE London today

noticed a ridge tile in the undergrowth in her garden

:eek:

closer investigation (from ground level) revealed it was from next door, so i went round to give it back to him...
That's what happened to me except my neighbour could see my roof from their landing window and could definitely confirm it was mine.

Guy who works for me lost two ridge tiles and thinks several more will be loose.

I told him he could take the next dry / calm day off, and fix it.
[and if not as holiday, he could arrange to make the time up over the next couple of weeks / month]

He's decided to do it over the weekend, probably so his neighbour can assist ...

I have actually lost a roof tile off my little outbuilding at work and a couple of others have slipped which must have come down in one of the later storms. Annoying because it’s broken into quite a few pieces and is asbestos cement, so not something easily replaced. Going to try and bodge something with thick rubberised plastic I think (just a flat rectangular bit like slate so easy to make). There’s felt underneath so shouldn’t get wet inside.

Did a good job securing everything else, though people assumed the netball posts had blown over when I’d just lain them down before the storm to prevent this. If you see them used as claims of storm calamity in BS8 on Instagram it’s FAKE NEWS, OK?

Back
Top Bottom