Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Storm Eunice, 18th Feb 2022 - news and discussion

It’s a good amount of wood for sure. Surprised it came down, it’s got buds all over wasn’t dead at all must have just been the weight of it.

It’s a good amount of wood for sure. Surprised it came down, it’s got buds all over wasn’t dead at all must have just been the weight of it.

That implies it was healthy, and therefore the NT is unlikely to have been negligence.

Still worth talking to them, as they have the staff, kit, and end use for the wood, they may agree to clear it on a 'without prejudice' basis, i.e. not admitting liability, even if they will not pay for the fence.

My roofers of choice have just been with a frigging drone which they sent up to examine my roof with one of them controlling it standing on top of the van. The boss held an ipad so we could both watch, it was awesome.
It's raining lightly here and I am even more amazed than drones can operate in the rain I would have been a definite vote for no.
However roofers definitely can't and we will have to wait until probably Wednesday before they can sort out the loose ridge tiles.

A good amount of wood - for a year's time. Season it well when you finally get someone with a big saw for less than £400 an hour.

Posted this elsewhere but this is my friend's garden, pic taken from drone.

IMG-20220218-WA0000.jpg

When I visited "The Mouseman's Village" some years ago, and looked at the slabs of Oak in storage / air-drying / seasoning one of the joiners told me that fater the 1987 storm most of them were sent off with cheque books to buy up all the suitable fallen timber.

I suspect that might be happening again ...

I don't know what The Mouseman's Village is, but yes I bet now is a good time to pick up some nice bits of timber.

When I visited "The Mouseman's Village" some years ago, and looked at the slabs of Oak in storage / air-drying / seasoning one of the joiners told me that fater the 1987 storm most of them were sent off with cheque books to buy up all the suitable fallen timber.

I suspect that might be happening again ...

I was working for Railfreight in 1987 and we got a huge amount of fallen timber traffic - the softwoods went to paper mills , but the good quality hardwoods found a ready market overseas - shipped via the Train Ferry in those days to France and Belgium for presumably furniture making. Much loading out of Chichester , Rochester and Crawley......"ill wind etc" .......

The flood warnings in manc have only being issued today so the mosque and sports center(?) are being used as refugee centers not were being used etc
The article is from tomorrow’s Guardian. They are often published online before the print editions

Back
Top Bottom