Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kirstie Allsopp discussion

Couldnt find any other thread on Kirsty Allsop so bumping this.

Looks like Kirsty has gone from sitting apart from her kids on the plane, while travelling to their holiday destination ....to letting her kid travel around Europe with a 16yr old pal.. and social services have been to her home to investigate.
Her 15 yr old son is travelling with his 16 yr old friend on an interrail trip around Europe.

Not sure it's really a Safeguarding issue? I guess they have to investigate every report and someone must have reported it.

Pretty sure I travelled alone when I was 15...by train.. not in Europe mind..just around Ireland.
Where does it say they went to here home? Making more stuff up? :confused:

Me and three mates went to France when they were 14 and I was 13 ( August baby), took our BMXs on the ferry to Boulogne, spent a couple of nights sleeping rough, came back, dossed on the beach in Dover, explored the castle, found the WW2 tunnels which had not been touched since the end of the war, (big tourist attraction these days), went home once the French beers we brought back ran out. Still alive now.
Selection effect.

Posh, rich and annoying is probably all you need to know
I remember her from a tv programme with a bald guy going around looking at houses? Location Location.. and she was on tv doing crafty stuff. I don't know anything about her personal life etc
She did seem a lot posh.. 😁

Is her house in Kensington and Chelsea or the "holiday home" in North Devon the one she gave up buying coffees for in her youth so she could afford to buy it?
How do you know such trivia about her? Are you a fan or just a stalker?

Where does it say they went to here home? Making more stuff up? :confused:

Ok....my mistake..... They told her they would have to come to her home if another complaint was made.

"What (the official) said to me was, 'if in six months there was another referral and we needed to come to your house and look into this further, it would be important that we had kept a note of the first referral'.

Eta. Can you please leave me alone and stop doing what you are doing?

How do you know such trivia about her? Are you a fan or just a stalker?

The article posted by Aladdin earlier on this thread mentions her two homes in London and Devon. The story about her criticising young people for not being able to afford housing because of expensive coffees, Netflix and gym membership, for which she was resolutely mocked, was widely circulated a few yeas ago.

So, neither.

Ok....my mistake..... They told her they would have to come to her home if another complaint was made.

"What (the official) said to me was, 'if in six months there was another referral and we needed to come to your house and look into this further, it would be important that we had kept a note of the first referral'.

Eta. Can you please leave me alone and stop doing what you are doing?
If you checked before posting (or didn't put your own spin on it) you wouldn't need correcting/asked to clarify
HTH

They are going to feature her on BBC R4 PM program.

A trailer has her saying it was his money and his plan and we didn't see any reason to say no.

If you want her side of the story, it would be worth listening to her bit on ‘Today’ from last week.

(From 2:53:33)

Tbf I think she makes some valid points and it’s not a safeguarding issue. He was almost 16 and the friend was already 16 and being tracked/checking in with his Mum. I was going to festivals and heading off on my own when I was 14 onwards and this was pre mobile phones.

I can't stand the woman, but I used to get up to all sorts of (not criminal or dangerous, just normal going off by myself or with friends) stuff at that age, it was considered normal back then in a way it isn't now.

She's posh and white, she's not going to get into any trouble with social services.

The article posted by Aladdin earlier on this thread mentions her two homes in London and Devon. The story about her criticising young people for not being able to afford housing because of expensive coffees, Netflix and gym membership, for which she was resolutely mocked, was widely circulated a few yeas ago.

So, neither.
Ah, I don't have a TV let alone a Netflix subscription, so don't really know who she is.

Hate that I’m having to even remotely be aligned with the fetid blight on Christmas that is Kirsty Allsopp

She’s rich enough that her kids can get out of any scrapes when abroad and I’m sure the kids will have a great time without her. Given the tools now available to parents they will probably be GPS tracked at all times

Hate that I’m having to even remotely be aligned with the fetid blight on Christmas that is Kirsty Allsopp

She’s rich enough that her kids can get out of any scrapes when abroad and I’m sure the kids will have a great time without her. Given the tools now available to parents they will probably be GPS tracked at all times
And I hate to say it, but her kids probably go to boarding school, so will be well equipped to cope without parental input.

This is a non story really. Not that I’ve read past the headline. 🤣

How does a GPS tracker stop people coming to harm?

There's nothing wrong with letting a 15 year old go travelling around Europe by train, but if it causes her grief there's no loss here.

And she is worth listening to when it comes to getting on the property ladder, cos she knows the steps to take:

Cancel the gym membership
Go without the daily Nero Latte
Be born to a multi-millionaire Baron who buys you your first gaff outright

Follow the Kirstie way and you can't go wrong :thumbs:

It was the 1960s but my dad I think cycled from Manchester to Munich with mates after his O levels, then his bike got pinched so I think he got the train home on his own.

Not sure where he would have stayed, maybe camp sites or hostels? He might have sent a postcard home every so often but I doubt it knowing him. He would have been streetwise having grown up on the mean streets of Cheadle Hulme

Luckily terrorism and child abduction by paedophiles hadn’t been invented then so todays risks were not present /s

I don't see what the big hooha is about, don't loads of teens go travelling alone with their mates?
I don't think loads of 15 year olds go travelling abroad alone with their mates, no. I'd be very surprised if any of the kids from my son's state school did.
Even when I was at school, our post-GCSE trip was to Newquay not abroad.
If you left your 15 year old home alone for a week I wouldn't be surprised at school/neighbours reporting you.

Back
Top Bottom