Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kemi Badenoch discussion

GarveyLives

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F14eb8867-fd1a-4047-9c91-0cfb5cd4b6d7.jpg

(Source: Alamy)

Àgùtàn tó bá bá ajá rìn á jẹ ìgbẹ́, ajá tó bá bá ewúrẹ́ rìn á jẹ èpo iṣu.

Quick google says that the text is a yoruba proverb -

"A sheep that moves with dogs will eat faeces and a dog that moves with goats will eat yam peelings .[Show me your friends...; we reflect the company we keep.]"

Im still none the wiser

Any chance of an update, GarveyLives ?

Realise that you (for whatever reason) don't really engage here, which is your choice of course. Your input in highlighting police criminality/brutality/etc is always appreciated, as am sure you are aware. But sometimes to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation, it might help to expand on possible contentious posts?

Especially with something like this, that not everyone is going to get.

Many thanks.

Any chance of an update, GarveyLives ?

Realise that you (for whatever reason) don't really engage here, which is your choice of course. Your input in highlighting police criminality/brutality/etc is always appreciated, as am sure you are aware. But sometimes to avoid any confusion or misinterpretation, it might help to expand on possible contentious posts?

Especially with something like this, that not everyone is going to get.

Many thanks.
the people who should get it will and the other people will scratch their heads

This post doesn't actually outline any philosophy or opinions, and I'm very wary about the use of her full name, that always comes across as highlighting someone's ethnicity for malicious purposes when handled in a certain way.

What's the point of the OP and/or this thread ?

This post doesn't actually outline any philosophy or opinions, and I'm very wary about the use of her full name, that always comes across as highlighting someone's ethnicity for malicious purposes when handled in a certain way.

What's the point of the OP and/or this thread ?
do you mean like when we call the king charles philip andrew george mountbatten-windsor?

what is the point of anything we do on these boards, which seem merely to be the least awful way of whiling away the dull hours between the cradle and the grave?

do you mean like when we call the king charles philip andrew george mountbatten-windsor?

what is the point of anything we do on these boards, which seem merely to be the least awful way of whiling away the dull hours between the cradle and the grave?
Very little really matters, and nothing matters at all.

Quick google says that the text is a yoruba proverb -

"A sheep that moves with dogs will eat faeces and a dog that moves with goats will eat yam peelings .[Show me your friends...; we reflect the company we keep.]"

Im still none the wiser
What do the goats get to eat? I think we should be told.

Back
Top Bottom