Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kemi Badenoch discussion

He could be suffering from regeneration sickness that makes him think he is human. That half happened to no 8.
That or he is deep undercover pretending to be human. They did that before too.
My take on the Cushing Doctor remains. It's an inventor bloke like the fellow in the HG Wells story and his adventures take place in a parallel universe.

But your canonical reasoning also makes sense.

I can totally picture there being a mirror universe version of doctor who but it's just a human.
It would be just the right fit for the dr who comics.
Instead of regeneration he can just hand over the title to a new person. I suggest one modeled after Christopher Lee just to keep the classic actor theme.

Anyone who serves at the counter in mcd's is, if that's the only way they support themselves in life, Working Class. Even if they were born in a castle. The other 'working class' which refers to how you dress and talk etc, is basically just a caricature.

Anyone who serves at the counter in mcd's is, if that's the only way they support themselves in life, Working Class. Even if they were born in a castle. The other 'working class' which refers to how you dress and talk etc, is basically just a caricature.

This is the key bit right here.

The article says she got the job at the age of 16, so I'm going to assume it was most likely a part time thing while she was still at school, but certainly not the only way she supported herself, even for the months she was actually working there.

This is the key bit right here.

The article says she got the job at the age of 16, so I'm going to assume it was most likely a part time thing while she was still at school, but certainly not the only way she supported herself, even for the months she was actually working there.
Her parents were a GP and an Atlantic-hopping uni lecturer. She at very least had the cultural capital of a middle class life, and likely the actual capital behind her should her job at Maccy D’s fallen through. She didn’t need the job to pay the bills.

Oh, rent a flat above a shop
And cut your hair and get a job
And smoke some fags and play some pool
Pretend you never went to school
But still you'll never get it right
'Cause when you're laid in bed at night
Watching roaches climb the wall
If you called your dad he could stop it all
Yeah

You'll never live like common people
You'll never do what ever common people do
Never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view
And then dance, and drink, and screw
Because there's nothing else to do
Oh!

No that's fair enough, and I'm not going to agree she was Working Class that being the case. But Tom Swarbrick this afternoon had caller after caller making the point that she couldn't ever be working class because of her background. But it's not just background is it, someone can have a very privileged background and come to be working class if they make all their living on minimum wage (or just above) working at a counter.

Anyway it's a general point though doesn't seem to apply to la Badenoch.

I'm not convinced she isn't still working in McDonalds. Whenever I go in there, they take my money and it's not till you get half way down the road, you look in your bag and discover they've only given you half of what you paid for. Right up her street!

Reactions: PTK
Has it been determined whether the thread title is racist yet?
I said very early on that there is a racial prejudice built into the title. Using her full name isn't racist in and of itself, it's doing so while only uploading her photo work untranslated text that starts to look racially charged.

No that's fair enough, and I'm not going to agree she was Working Class that being the case. But Tom Swarbrick this afternoon had caller after caller making the point that she couldn't ever be working class because of her background. But it's not just background is it, someone can have a very privileged background and come to be working class if they make all their living on minimum wage (or just above) working at a counter.

Anyway it's a general point though doesn't seem to apply to la Badenoch.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Haven't seen it since the broadcast, it wasn't great

Apart from Kylie.
I think it is one of three Tennant stories from his first go at it I havent seen twice. The others are Planet of the Dead and I think the Fires of Pompeii though I may have watched it twice in quick succession and forgotten.

Kemi Badenoch has warned that Tory members will be “very angry” if MPs take part in a “stitch-up” to lend votes to other candidates to keep her out of the top two in the leadership contest.

Bullshit, she knows as well as anyone that the tory membership have her at the bottom of the list, she might be a few things but I dont think she is stupid

Bullshit, she knows as well as anyone that the tory membership have her at the bottom of the list, she might be a few things but I dont think she is stupid
Assuming Mr Badenoch is also a party member, she's probably technically correct in her plural presumption.

Back
Top Bottom