Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

XL Bully dog - discussion

I see Belgium shepherds are the new -upcoming status dog-weapon (although usually referred to as Belgium Malinois.
So sad. My first dog was a belgium sheepdog - a loving, playful and smart dog. Have always loved shepherds (although I despaired of the dire breeding fails re;Alsations (and wouldn't have one of those weird, slope-backed tragedies myself). My current girl is a GSD/welsh sheepdog which was a farm reject because of her weird colour (sable, so lost amongst the bracken).

I'm a massive dog lover, and even I think these dogs are an absolute nightmare and no more should ever be bred, ever. It's the only way to stop idiots getting them (and no-one who's not an idiot would want one imo). I'm practically fearless when it comes to dogs, but they even make me feel uncomfortable.

And I really feel for people like strung out's colleagues, who have to look after a dog for months only for it to be euthanised.

Never see them round my way, mind, it's cockapoo city here, although whippets are getting very popular.

And another one. I'm coming round to the 'put them all down' idea tbh. Especially given the reports here of how many have been abandoned with rescue centres despite no hope of rehoming them. Evidently a lot of these 'dog lovers' stopped giving a shit the instant they could no lomger turn a profit from breeding their bullies.

Apparently the woman who died in Coventry had a seizure and it triggered the dog. This has happened a lot with XL bullies and pit bulls - if an owner has an epileptic seizure or similar, it sets them off and they go for the owner.

I have heard of that happening with other dogs, a cocker spaniel, in one case.

Apparently the woman who died in Coventry had a seizure and it triggered the dog. This has happened a lot with XL bullies and pit bulls - if an owner has an epileptic seizure or similar, it sets them off and they go for the owner.
The dog wasn't a banned breed. :hmm:

Not a banned breed then?

although

Whether your dog is a banned type depends on what it looks like, rather than its breed or name.

For example, if your dog matches many of the characteristics of a Pit Bull Terrier, it may be a banned type.

There was a discussion about this on AV last year and some twat said that if everyone, including very small children, were taught how to defend themselves when being attacked by an XL Bully then there'd be no need to ban the breed.
Is it wrong that I'd like to lock them in a room with an agessive XL bully just to see how well they do defending themselves?

The most common response is "BUT CHIHUAHUAS!" Seriously, fuck off. Most grown adults could fight off a chihuahua. They also don't have the bite force an XL bully does. They can kill babies and toddlers, but how many grown adults have been mauled to death by a chi?
In fairness, Chihuahuas should be banned simply because they're Chihuahuas. It's as if the design brief was "Make the most annoying dog on the planet"

Unfortunately he was thread banned before he had the chance to impart his wisdom on us.

Shame, as I would have been intrigued to know how you teach a toddler to fight off a 10 stone XL Bully.

I found this online:

In the case of an attack, it is important to stay calm and stand your ground. Ms Pooley explained: 'If a dog rushes towards you, turn your side or back to the dog and calmly step away or stand still. 'If it jumps at you, fold your arms really tightly as it could hold onto any dangling arms.

That really worked well for the bloke in that video where they ripped his guts out. He stood his ground. He's six foot under it now.

At least the last two (that I've heard about) have been the owners. Though it's worrying the number of adults that believe they can handle dogs that are getting killed. It used to just be kids.

I found this online:

That really worked well for the bloke in that video where they ripped his guts out. He stood his ground. He's six foot under it now.

At least the last two (that I've heard about) have been the owners. Though it's worrying the number of adults that believe they can handle dogs that are getting killed. It used to just be kids.
Turning your back on anything attacking you sounds a very bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom