Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

The thing that I've noticed is no posters with a middle eastern / Muslim background. Or maybe haven't said they are. One does not have to say ones background here.

As at times the marches contained a lot of people from London and across the country who are Muslim and or have middle eastern background. Who aren't necessarily Palestinian but who regard them as their brothers as one told me.

It would provide another perspective.
Not the most welcoming place for them to come out as Muslim/Muslim heritage or from the Arab World perhaps? If I were either I would certainly be extremely hesitant.

Not the most welcoming place for them to come out as Muslim/Muslim heritage or from the Arab World perhaps? If I were either I would certainly be extremely hesitant.

Why?

I've met lots on marches. Everyone gets on. Never been any trouble.

Also been watching commentators from middle east. Makdisi Street on YouTube discovers recently. Run by two brothers in Lebanon.

Is the UK's policy is now to the right of a fascist's ?

Meloni told the Senate as she reported to parliament before this week's EU summit."The licences authorised before are all being analysed on a case-by-case basis by the competent authority at the foreign ministry.
"I want to recall that the Italian policy of completely blocking of all new licences is much more restrictive than that applied by our partners - France, Germany and United Kingdom.
"These partners continue to use case-by-case assessments, including for new licences.
"We have blocked everything".

Watch the US government not give a shit. Their most recent advice to US citizens in Lebanon who might be thinking of leaving, to paraphrase was 'make your own arrangements, you're on your own'.

TBF there is an 0.0001% possibility that it might have been this incident that resulted in the apparent change of tone yesterday from the US - specifically that letter demanding 350 aid trucks a day get in or military aid might be affected (which they claim was sent earlier and then leaked by the Israeli side).

As an aside, the doctor referred to as being murdered may be Ahmed Talab al-Najjar, who was reported yesterday as having been killed whilst trying to save a number of people (who were also killed) after their home was bombed: Israeli forces kill doctor attempting to save the wounded in north Gaza

TBF there is an 0.0001% possibility that it might have been this incident that resulted in the apparent change of tone yesterday from the US - specifically that letter demanding 350 aid trucks a day get in or military aid might be affected (which they claim was sent earlier and then leaked by the Israeli side).
The actual wording " failure to demonstrate a sustained commitment to implementing and maintaining these measures may have implications for US policy under NSM-20 and relevent US law"

..and that is the harshest part of the Letter...fucking spineless

Why?

I've met lots on marches. Everyone gets on. Never been any trouble.

Also been watching commentators from middle east. Makdisi Street on YouTube discovers recently. Run by two brothers in Lebanon.
Why? Too many ex military pro Israel posters for anyone Muslim or Arab to come out without being immediately savaged. We all know who I'm referring to and we all know they will have the support of the powers that be.

Like it or not that's fact.

Why? Too many ex military pro Israel posters for anyone Muslim or Arab to come out without being immediately savaged. We all know who I'm referring to and we all know they will have the support of the powers that be.

Like it or not that's fact.
What?, In here?

Just heard a DEC appeal on 6 music. I will give (again) but it does make you wonder what the point is when this is entirely manmade, so little is being done to try and stop it, and there will be UK companies getting rich from providing weapons.
getting rich from genocide. i am sure that down the line there will be law suits about this in the same way that there was eg the ig farben directors trial at nuremberg

"US says it's watching Israel to ensure it isn't pursuing 'policy of starvation' in Gaza"

An incredible headline. The Americans all but admitting the Israelis are trying to commit a genocide. And also how low a bar can this red line get?

"US says it's watching Israel to ensure it isn't pursuing 'policy of starvation' in Gaza"

An incredible headline. The Americans all but admitting the Israelis are trying to commit a genocide. And also how low a bar can this red line get?

Maybe just wishful thinking but I've definitely noticed a shift in the coverage last week or so tbh

Just heard a DEC appeal on 6 music. I will give (again) but it does make you wonder what the point is when this is entirely manmade, so little is being done to try and stop it, and there will be UK companies getting rich from providing weapons.
I just heard it on R4. Normally these things are done for natural disasters -- and that was kind of how it was presented I think -- not manmade disasters caused by one our country's allies. I find it pretty disgusting tbh.

Last edited:
I just heard it on R4. Normally these things are done for natural disasters -- and that was kind if how it was presented I think -- not manmade disasters caused by one our country's allies. I find it pretty disgusting tbh.
DEC put out an appeal for the Gaza Strip during the war of 2009, and the BBC, SKy, etc, refused to broadcast it, which I think had never before happened with an Appeal by the Disasters Emergency Committee.
DEC has appealed for aid in other wars, such as the one between India and Pakistan in 1971 or the civil war in Syria in 2013.

DEC put out an appeal for the Gaza Strip during the war of 2009, and the BBC, SKy, etc, refused to broadcast it, which I think had never before happened with an Appeal by the Disasters Emergency Committee.
So I wonder why they (well the BBC at least) are broadcasting it this time?
DEC has appealed for aid in other wars, such as the one between India and Pakistan in 1971 or the civil war in Syria in 2013.
Is what's happening in Gaza at the moment a war?

Last edited:
Right now there is an RAF Shadow circling off the coast west of Gaza sniffing out any electronic emmissions it detects coming from Gaza, been doing it for months.
The UK isnt just letting this shit happen its actively taking part

if i remember rightly Tony Benn got himself onto the BBC and insisted on giving out the telephone number for donations to the Relief Fund ignoring the rather feeble protestations from the presenter?
Correction this was quite recent it was 2021-a real tour de force from Benn.Apologies misled by the dates given on a clip i looked at-Benn died 2014 so it would indeed have been 2009

Last edited:

I don't think comparisons with Nazis help.

I more agree with historical parallels with the more recent ethnic cleansing in the ex Yugoslav wars. Where Ilan Pappe in his book on the Nakba makes good case that if 48 happened now it would lead to Zionists in the dock for ethnic cleansing as some where in ex Yugoslavia.

More to the point is that this pattern of behaviour towards the indigenous people - the Palestinians - is part and parcel of Zionism.

I do think comparisons of Zionism with Nazis falls into the trap of allowing those who support Zionism to argue one is just having a go at Jews in general.

I'm.saying this as someone who agrees that Zionism is a settler colonial enterprise. Violence against the indigenous people it's supplanted or wants to remove is inherent in it.

Which is why I agree with your previous post that all they can do is kill people.

In a settler colonial project like Zionism that's it's weakness. It's always thinking it can do just one more action and the Palestinian"problem" will disappear.

The previous version was keeping Palestinians in what's tantamount to open prison. And gradually taking their land as in West Bank

Containment plus gradual ethnic cleansing has failed so now it's full on destruction of Palestinian society and lives as a whole in Gaza and accelerated land grabs in West Bank.

Stealing indigenous peoples land is part of Zionism. Either through hard line settler violence or setting up a planning and legal system to gradually deprive Palestinians of their land

With all the support from USA in military aid it's not succeeded.

And if it does it will be on basis of such destruction that even if political western elites support the idea of Zionist state masses of world opinion won't any more.

After over 70 years and the Palestinians aren't giving up. There's more than one way to resist.

One has seen in North Gaza ordinary Palestinians refusing to go. In my opinion the ordinary Palestinians just staying put is a heroic effort against the most moral army in the world.

Last edited:
I don't think comparisons with Nazis help.

I more agree with historical parallels with the more recent ethnic cleansing in the ex Yugoslav wars. Where Ilan Pappe in his book on the Nakba makes good case that if 48 happened now it would lead to Zionists in the dock for ethnic cleansing as some where in ex Yugoslavia.

More to the point is that this pattern of behaviour towards the indigenous people - the Palestinians - is part and parcel of Zionism.

I do think comparisons of Zionism with Nazis falls into the trap of allowing those who support Zionism to argue one is just having a go at Jews in general.

I'm.saying this as someone who agrees that Zionism is a settler colonial enterprise. Violence against the indigenous people it's supplanted or wants to remove is inherent in it.

Which is why I agree with your previous post that all they can do is kill people.

In a settler colonial project like Zionism that's it's weakness. It's always thinking it can do just one more action and the Palestinian"problem" will disappear.

The previous version was keeping Palestinians in what's tantamount to open prison. And gradually taking their land as in West Bank

Containment plus gradual ethnic cleansing has failed so now it's full on destruction of Palestinian society and livie as a whole in Gaza and accelerated land grabs in West Bank.

Stealing indigenous peoples land is part of Zionism. Either through hard line settler violence or setting up a planning and legal system to gradually deprive Palestinians of their land

With all the support from USA in military aid it's not succeeded.

And if it does it will be on basis of such destruction that even if political western elites support the idea of Zionist state masses of world opinion won't any more.

After over 70 years and the Palestinians aren't giving up. There's more than one way to resist.

One has seen in North Gaza ordinary Palestinians refusing to go. In my opinion the ordinary Palestinians just staying put is a heroic effort against the most moral army in the world.
Sorry but I disagree, in my eyes they are racially supremacist fascists. For simplicity Judeo-Nazis.

Back
Top Bottom