Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Sorry but I disagree, in my eyes they are racially supremacist fascists. For simplicity Judeo-Nazis.
I agree with Gramsci. I don't think it helps anyone to call them Nazis. Fascists yes. Ethno supremacists, yes. Many other labels too but I can't get behind the Nazi label. That's not a dig at you though. I can understand why people may be tempted to use the term but it just doesn't sit right.

I agree with Gramsci. I don't think it helps anyone to call them Nazis. Fascists yes. Ethno supremacists, yes. Many other labels too but I can't get behind the Nazi label. That's not a dig at you though. I can understand why people may be tempted to use the term but it just doesn't sit right.
"Nazi" is it a noun or an adjective?
I agree though there are better discriptions available...Murdering Cunts perhaps

Sorry but I disagree, in my eyes they are racially supremacist fascists. For simplicity Judeo-Nazis.
There are Palestinian Arabs in the Knesset, the Israeli Parliament, so this cannot be true of the State of Israel as a whole.

After German Nazi forces occupied Pinsk, in Belarus, they murdered 8,000 men, women and children over two days. Then the rest of the Jews were rounded up into a ghetto, and just over a year later 26,000 were murdered over two days.

Nazism is a century old at this point: even though the experience of its consequences is now passing out of living memory, Nazism remains the synonym of absolute evil.

That's as it should be. That's also why it's not a good idea to say an entire population are equivalent to Nazis.
On the other hand, knowledge and understanding are constructed through metaphor and narrative. Everything we understand, we came to understand it only by relating it to something else we already understood. As Nazism passes from living memory into collective memory, it inevitably becomes one of these metaphors (as you have noted yourself). So when people are trying to encompass the abstract idea of human beings systematically slaughtering other human beings based on nothing more than their ethnicity, and using industrial means to do so, all the while protesting that actually they are the ones really under threat. And when they are performing that slaughter to ultimately build a nationalism based on a fascistic ethnocentrism and siege mentality… well, I’m not surprised that this is the particular metaphor they reach for. Even if it isn’t technically accurate.

I generally find the use of Nazi in association with Israel gratuitous and alienating. The horrible thing is, yes, the Israeli govt has acted like the Nazis in so many ways but its kind of not a metaphor for non Jews to be wading into because, the Nazis are also the reason because many Jews even down to my generation are conscious that entire branches of our family that should be there don't exist due to the Nazis. So it feels like needless provocation.

The Jews who are ashamed of Israel's actions will be alienated, those who aren't will have reasonable grounds to call it out.

I generally find the use of Nazi in association with Israel gratuitous and alienating. The horrible thing is, yes, the Israeli govt has acted like the Nazis in so many ways but its kind of not a metaphor for non Jews to be wading into because, the Nazis are also the reason because many Jews even down to my generation are conscious that entire branches of our family that should be there don't exist due to the Nazis. So it feels like needless provocation.

The Jews who are ashamed of Israel's actions will be alienated, those who aren't will have reasonable grounds to call it out.
I'll say one thing for the nazis, they looted wherever they conquered thus saving many artworks and so on. The destruction of gaza involves the extirpation of examples of palestnian culture with the expiration of Palestinians. In future people may use the term Israeli or zionist where they now use nazi as their most extreme evil

I didn't know this about the Fathom journal. Apparently the IDF general published his 'plan for Gaza' in it a year ago?

I don't like Nazi comparisons either because there's always an element of 'Why are they doing the same thing the Nazis did to them?' whereas history shows in Serbia, Rwanda etc that that's exactly what often ends up happening

I didn't know this about the Fathom journal. Apparently the IDF general published his 'plan for Gaza' in it a year ago?

I don't like Nazi comparisons either because there's always an element of 'Why are they doing the same thing the Nazis did to them?' whereas history shows in Serbia, Rwanda etc that that's exactly what often ends up happening
given the way that the zionists have been holding up the example of the amalekites suggests they see that as the precedent they're following

I’m not defending the use of Nazism as a metaphor, merely saying that I’m not surprised to see it. But what I will say is this: if, as a state, you get to the point where outsiders are thinking of you as basically being like Nazis, it might be worth looking inwards as to why they’re saying that before you start looking outwards and schooling people on the subtle differences between you and actual Nazis.

“Well, actually, our form of genocide is different to the Nazis, and our ethnocentrism and fascistic philosophy is not the same as the Nazi’s was. You know? Actually? And, you know, I find it a bit offensive that you would call our genocide a thing the Nazis would do? Actually.”

Doesn’t really help the case, does it?

I dont think it's constructive at all. Yes it's terrible what Israel is doing but they're in no way comparable to what the Nazis did.. unless you're saying the early years. But even then there arent pogroms being organised against Israeli Arabs in Israel. They are behaving like an imperialist bully and oppressor and maybe genocidal actions is arguable but theyre not running death camps and invading all the other arab countries looking for living space. I don't really see how the Nazi comparison is useful personally, especially given that Israel is nominally a Jewish state.

Regarding Sinwar's death I dont think it will help Israel at all. I think it could even boost Hamas. Far from hiding in tunnels Sinwar, probably the most wanted man in the world, was hiding in plain sight directing resistance activities against Israeli troops in Gaza. And as an injured combatant they chose to kill him without even trying to take him prisoner. It just shows their blatant disregard for international law and human rights in general. We may hate the man but like the Israeli interrogators said he was an extremely tough guy. Chucking a stick at a drone with half his arm blown off. No pleeding for mercy. A fighter til the end. So he'll be remembered not as a butcher for 7 October but as a resistance hero and a martyr who lived by his principals and will undoubtedly inspire others in Hamas and other Palestinians. And so the cycle will go on...

And Netanyahu and Biden and the other cunts can call this a victory but they basicslly killed this guy completely by accident. After over a year. And with well over 42,000 Palestinians dead and the entire of Gaza in ruins. It just shows it's a total failure for Israel and that is 100% why this was Sinwar's strategy.... Israel is losing whatever they do.

Really? Who was that and what did they say?

FWIW I don't think any comparison really works; current israeli behaviour (say since 2001 or so) is quite unlike anything I can think of except itself.

My mistake it was a former MK

Yeah, Feiglin was one of those against the Oslo accords, and like many right/libertarians he has a weird mixture of RW and liberal views, but is primarily a racist and contrarian dick. Supports an exclusively jewish government while also supporting liberalisation of marriage laws, weirdly.

He's also banned from entering the UK, iirc

if i remember rightly Tony Benn got himself onto the BBC and insisted on giving out the telephone number for donations to the Relief Fund ignoring the rather feeble protestations from the presenter?
Correction this was quite recent it was 2021-a real tour de force from Benn.Apologies misled by the dates given on a clip i looked at-Benn died 2014 so it would indeed have been 2009
Benn was good but not so good after death: though his corpse has more life in it than most Starmeroid MPs

Back
Top Bottom