Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour de France 2023

Will the Belgians complain about a Belgian from a Belgian team beating a Belgian from a Netherlands team? Presumably :hmm:

I have sympathy for Wout, he's come across all right in things I have seen him in. Or at least no worse than most. Dude must have so much pressure on him, in addition to the innate pressure of racing in a grand tour, in the defending team.
I think most of the blame goes with the course designer today.

I don't like van Aert especially when it comes to the national team but he puts a lot of pressure on himself as he demands to be out and out leader. I reckon Jumbo could have won Monuments this year if they had adopted the old Wolfpack tactics of having several leaders (Van Baarle, Laporte and Benoot are all capable co-leaders) but it's all about Wout. It's been March 2020 and counting for a big win on his palmares.

Super nervous ending and am surprised there wasn't a crash. Philipsen won but Mathieu van der Poel won it really.
Really feel for Enric Mas & Richard Carapaz, will be missed in the later stages.

Last edited:
Well that was a mess. Philipsen + MVDP is a pretty devastating combination though it seems.

Thanks for that, about the only info I don't now have is the location fo the feed zones!:mad:
Just watching the ITV coverage on catch up and Pete Kennaugh has answered your question. There are no designated feed zones. Teams are free to hand out musettes wherever it's safe to do so.

Ah balls, Luis Leon Sanchez out with a broken collarbone. Jakobsen apparently ok, hopefully gets through the mountains... Maybe not on it for stage 7, but still at least 3 opportunities after that.

Ah balls, Luis Leon Sanchez out with a broken collarbone. Jakobsen apparently ok, hopefully gets through the mountains... Maybe not on it for stage 7, but still at least 3 opportunities after that.
Part of Cav's train :facepalm:

Phenomenal work by Hindley, and by Vinge there. That will have been exhausting though.

Think Jumbo's tactics were ok... to a point anyway. Tourmalet was a viable opportunity to crack pog again. Thing is he didn't crack, and maybe it would have been sensible to slacken off after a few test digs. But that's hindsight, pog is not a an easy guy to read, and I can see there's this temptation to just think 'he looks like he's almost there, let's keep pushing'.

Vinge still has 25" though, and Hindley is out of the picture. But it's looking more fragile now... Think Jumbo will mostly ride defensively to the rest day, then we shall see.

Lot of tactics credit to pog too, looking isolated out there but effectively using the situation to get Jumbo to ride for him. Will have fully rattled them too. Fiddle with your wrist strap some more lad.

Wow, was all out all day and just saw the result. Surprised but happy that Pog still has the fight in him. Going to try and catch some of the race after work. Anyone remember at what km Pog attacked?

Wow, was all out all day and just saw the result. Surprised but happy that Pog still has the fight in him. Going to try and catch some of the race after work. Anyone remember at what km Pog attacked?

It was only about 2.7km to go or something like that.

Yep... Watching it back he goes immediately after some idiots light their flares. Eyes on everything.

Watch the footage from the motorbike behind as Pog attacks. He just… fucks off. At 30kph. On close to a double digit gradient. It was nuts.

Back
Top Bottom