Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour de France 2022

My over riding experience so far of this tour is the emergence of British riders. Pidcock and Wright have great futures.

The Guardian is reporting a 9 year old boy got hit by a race car going up Alpe D'Huez but was not seriously injured.
Again, there are more calls for crowd control. It would be impossible to line somewhere like that with barriers and
it would be virtually impossible to close.

The Guardian is reporting a 9 year old boy got hit by a race car going up Alpe D'Huez but was not seriously injured.
Again, there are more calls for crowd control. It would be impossible to line somewhere like that with barriers and
it would be virtually impossible to close.
I’d say parental responsibility is the only way to protect kids on a stage like that. And adults should know better.

No idea quite what’s happened but the start of todays stage is nuts. 180km to go and there’s groups all over the place.

Damn, I tuned in about 10 minutes and haven't a clue what happened. The commentators can't describe it properly and the CN forum comments make no sense.
Should I watch if from the start? Sounds totally mad.

Where I have nothing to do like today, I always start at the beginning. It does look a good pace again today; they are certainly not taking it easy with big climbs coming up, especially the last one.

Damn, I tuned in about 10 minutes and haven't a clue what happened. The commentators can't describe it properly and the CN forum comments make no sense.
Should I watch if from the start? Sounds totally mad.
Nobody seems to know quite what happened, something was missed by the cameras. They all just suddenly started riding like their bibs were on fire and there were groups all over the place.

Nobody seems to know quite what happened, something was missed by the cameras. They all just suddenly started riding like their bibs were on fire and there were groups all over the place.

Looked like Pog tried a cheeky one and caught Jumbo off guard. Fast forwarded now with another climb coming up.

Morkiv is 26 minutes adrift with 90k to go on a very hot day. I think I would have thrown in the towel.
Carcassonne has great tour memories for us and wishing I was there.

I see they are second in team placings, 35 minutes down on ineos.
It’s more about them losing two of their climbers yesterday so it’ll essentially be Vingo and Pog battling it out against each other.
Still hoping for a Pog win but it’ll be hard.
Ditto Fabio Jakobsen on the Champs but since the first two days of the Tour, Quickstep have been riding like they are ill.

It’s more about them losing two of their climbers yesterday so it’ll essentially be Vingo and Pog battling it out against each other.
Ditto Fabio Jakobsen on the Champs but since the first two days of the Tour, Quickstep have been riding like they are ill.
WvA for stage 21. Seems inevitable really.

Vingegaard isn't bad at TT but he's no Pog. Could he be mugged at the end like Rog was?

Vingegaard isn't bad at TT but he's no Pog. Could he be mugged at the end like Rog was?
Not unless Pog takes time out of him before the ITT. JumboVisma, even with their withdrawals, are the most amazing team.

Great win from Houle today, pretty emotional stuff especially as he admitted "i never win so it's good to win here."

Last edited:
I've had my chain snap on a climb before. I didn't have a support car though, and so had to wheel my bike about three miles back to town.

Back
Top Bottom