Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tour de France 2022

He also broke Kämna’s spirit, poor guy very nearly won.
it was the Jumbo guy Vingegaard who attacked so Pog had to follow and beat him otherwise Kamna might have held on. Kamna lost some time today so he's out of the GC reckoning and will no doubt try another breakaway.

Looks pretty today, will give it a watch. I know I'm a dumb newb but this year's Tour has not grabbed me yet. As good as Pog is, a procession doesn't help.

Looks pretty today, will give it a watch. I know I'm a dumb newb but this year's Tour has not grabbed me yet. As good as Pog is, a procession doesn't help.
Will be interesting to see what happens! Will Ineos sacrifice 1 or more of their 4 riders in top 10 to try and force some action from UAE or is it a foregone conclusion that Pog will win?

I'm also struggling to maintain interest. I need to concentrate on all the team tactics throughout the stage to get involved on days like today, but I can't be bothered.

I enjoyed the Giro Donne, which had the perfect final stage today, a win for Chiara Consonni. Awesome sprint. I thought she'd gone too early and would be caught by one of the big names, but she just ripped up the field. She's 23, in a low budget development team, and I think this is probably her most significant result. If you watch the interview she gave after her first professional win, you'll be a fan forever

I only watched the ITV4 highlights, so was it established what happened in the GC group on the final climb? Boulting spoke about how much they cut Jungels' lead, but I'm also curious on when Pog jumped the rest.

I bet whoever thought to put General Levy over the end titles felt very pleased with themselves.

I hate rest days! It’s like international break in football with no games for your club to look forward to.

Wasn't just Pog, was Vingegaard too. Just did a sprint finish, took 3 seconds off Thomas.
Unless he's on a very off day I'm not sure any of the GC contenders have a kick to match Pog, do they? More successful might be a long attack, possibly from an Ineos rider, given there's three of them within two minutes.

Unless he's on a very off day I'm not sure any of the GC contenders have a kick to match Pog, do they? More successful might be a long attack, possibly from an Ineos rider, given there's three of them within two minutes.
I did pose that question yesterday, but no one took me up on it!

I'm not a big fan of the three week tours and there are too many mountain stages which are usually controlled by teams in trains and therefore

I wasn't going to watch it on Sunday bit did on catch up once I saw Jungels had won.
I thought Pinot was going to catch him but Jungels is the way smarter rider, not killing himself on the climb knowing he could slaughter him on the flat. It really felt like a one day race and I much prefer those over yellow or pink jersey battles.

Dickheads in the road…
The irony of a huge scale cycling event is that it uses a lot of vehicles plus the odd helicopter or two, but I guess they were mostly doing it for publicity.
The guy who ran in fifth at RVV and second at LBL probably got them more publicity though.

it was the Jumbo guy Vingegaard who attacked so Pog had to follow and beat him otherwise Kamna might have held on. Kamna lost some time today so he's out of the GC reckoning and will no doubt try another breakaway.
I stand corrected. Kamna was very lucky to get himself back in Gc contention with the break. Todays stage may be decisive on the final high climb.

I stand corrected. Kamna was very lucky to get himself back in Gc contention with the break. Todays stage may be decisive on the final high climb.
Yeah I don’t think he could have imagined the peleton giving a break nine minutes but fair play.
I expected a lot from his team mate Vlasov but maybe he had more problems with a recent Covid infection than he admitted.

Back
Top Bottom