Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2023

Well. A four day game effectively I think they're calculating, in terms of overs. I predict England will come out thrashing it. 6 an over at least.

shame about the forecast... looks like a draw

The BBC and the Met Office forecasts are grim. However, there’s still a glimmer of hope. Friday looks potentially like a mint bowling day, in-between showers. Could get the Aussies out cheap in the 2nd innings, then go full Bazball for the last innings. Maybe.

let's be positive. It was a great grab from Bairstow. hopefully it will build his confidence.

Even day with England winning the toss. Jimmy? Not penetrative. Tidy enough, but his numbers for the series are now very ugly.

I know there was that weird delay due to sun breaking out in Manchester, but 83 overs in the day in a game England need to win is just plain dumb.

let's be positive. It was a great grab from Bairstow. hopefully it will build his confidence.

Even day with England winning the toss. Jimmy? Not penetrative. Tidy enough, but his numbers for the series are now very ugly.

Well, no, he was off balance, heading the wrong direction and stuck a chubby little arm out. That's not a 'worldie'.

I did like this piece though. This whole thing does feel a bit like the last of the stag do's I went on. When you realise, yes, that's it. We're all fucking old and flabby. But we can still drink you all under the table.

Bazball is new. Bazball is fresh and punkish. Bazball will debunk your ossified certainties. Bazball is also a lot of grizzled mid-30s blokes having a wonderfully cathartic time, shaking off the scars, chucking it all on the fire while this thing is still on. Welcome to the shock of the old.

It’s Moeen’s chance here to pass 3000 runs to go with his 200 wickets. I think he needs something like 23. Very few players have ever managed 3000 runs and 200 wickets

(Even Stokes needs another 3 wickets to manage it, albeit that he has 6000 runs)

Well, there’s the Moeen half century and England in a very solid position, well set up to push onto the first innings lead.. What a missed opportunity when he could instead have made a quick 15, got out and exposed the middle order to their inevitable collapse. By now, we could have been well into the second Aussie innings. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom