Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Dross. I don’t understand these fucking people. What is the point of standing if he’s going to resign if he wins. is he just trying to shaft his own party?

Is that a reference to Douglas Ross?

He's only resigning as leader, he'll still be an MSP, and also an MP again if he wins in the GE.

He's only resigning as leader, he'll still be an MSP, and also an MP again if he wins in the GE.
and a SFA referee

he's been claiming travel expenses from parliament that look more related to his football job.
jumping out the leader's seat now before that blows up into a bigger scandal?

If there’s a worse reform candidate than this one for Bexhill and Battle i am yet to encounter them.

Loves Hitler, Hates Women.

In July 2022, Mr Gribbin posted on the Unherd website: "Britain would be in a far better state today had we taken Hitler up on his offer of neutrality…

"Men pay 80% of tax – women spend 80% of tax revenue. On aggregate as a group you only take from society.

"Less complaining please from the 'sponging gender'."

He added that women are "subsidised by men to merely breath (sic)".

In January 2022 he posted: "Men pay 80% of tax. Women take out 80% of expenditures.

"Square that inequality first by depriving women of healthcare until their life expectancies are the same as men, Fair’s fair."

Last edited:
If there’s a worse reform candidate than this one for Bexhill and Battle i am yet so see them.

Loves Hitler, Hates Women.

“Offence archaeology”. Now there’s a phrase. I wonder if we’ll hear more of it, relating to their other loathsome candidates.

Hang on, this is 'offence archeology'?

Only a couple of months ago Tice was saying that Reform hasn't had chance to vet all their candidates and that he's going to force them out into the spotlight early so the media can do the job for him.

BBC News - Richard Tice defends Reform's vetting procedures after candidates dropped

Should the media be investigating the pasts of your candidates or not Richard?

wasn't an isolated opinion among the aristos/haut bourgeoisie at the time. Look at beaverbrook to start with. Opinion swung though, just about.
I think this the one thing that is very much in Churchill's Postive coloumn - racist and impresialist swine for sure - but he was constitantly and passionately opposed to Hitler - and without him the UK may well have done a deal. esp after dunkirk (soz - discussion for different thread though)

Hang on, this is 'offence archeology'?

Only a couple of months ago Tice was saying that Reform hasn't had chance to vet all their candidates and that he's going to force them out into the spotlight early so the media can do the job for him.

BBC News - Richard Tice defends Reform's vetting procedures after candidates dropped

Should the media be investigating the pasts of your candidates or not Richard?
are they still his candidates now he's been bounced out of the leadership?

He said he will resign as an MSP too. And I must confess my ignorance, I thought that also meant he would not be an MP in the UK parliament. But apparently not.

He said he will resign as an MSP too. And I must confess my ignorance, I thought that also meant he would not be an MP in the UK parliament. But apparently not.

Other way around I'd say. He can be one or the other but very difficult to do both. He cannot be both in the House of Commons and in the Scottish Parliament when both are sitting at the same time, not to mention handling two constituency workloads.

Other way around I'd say. He can be one or the other but very difficult to do both. He cannot be both in the House of Commons and in the Scottish Parliament when both are sitting at the same time, not to mention handling two constituency workloads.

Well, he has been both an MP and MSP since 2021, personally I don't think that should not be allowed.

He served as Member of the UK Parliament (MP) for Moray from 2017 to 2024. Ross currently serves as a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) for the Highlands and Islands, having been elected as a regional list MSP in 2021. WIKI LINK

Back
Top Bottom