Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kirstie Allsopp discussion

Her kids have likely been at boarding school since they were a foetus , so are probably fairly self sufficient

Self-sufficient or incurably bitter and emotionally crippled, the better to exact broad-spectrum revenge on society in later life via the medium of capitalism.

Rich kids everywhere: the best way to get rich quick is to assasinate your parents. They were the ones who taught you it's OK to fuck people over for money, so it's clearly what they would have wanted.

someone on reddit pointed out that you could save perhaps a couple of grand in a year by doing all she suggested, and that the stupid rise in prices mean that deposits will have gone up a couple of grand by then.

Her advice is decades out of date . I was able to afford to buy in 97 on an average income (I think our joint income was about £30k) . We could get a mortgage of £90k & the flat cost £71k . We are still in the same flat. If I was 20something now , raising a deposit of £60k to buy an average similar sized flat would take the rest of my life probably 🤔

Thanks for the info. Still not sure why her opinion matters. 🤷‍♂️
I suppose she's typical of an establishment which will deny that problems exist so they don't have to do anything to about them. She's a celebrity and has fashioned herself into a property and housing expert and unfortunately people listen to overprivileged idiots like her. For a brief period she was an adviser to Cameron's government on housing.

Last edited:
Also pointed out was that banks and other companies are increasingly buying up houses for investment because they get much better return on their investment with interest rates being so low. There's no way people can compete against that.

I know :( would be nice just after all those banks bought at the top of the market though :)

although of course we'd pay for all of that too.

Back
Top Bottom