Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Could someone start a Ukrainian thread just for Phil and that RD something chap’s exclusive use then it could be like a virtual fish tank; one could sit back and watch the antics of its denizens to relax…

Last edited:
Yes, stop trying to tantalise.

Wasn't trying to tantalize, genuinely thought you might be familiar with these people, their beliefs, and what their presence in and around Biden's government means. But alright, off the top of my head and in no particular order, meet:

Victoria Nuland, Robert Kagan, David Frum, Bill Kristol, Rick Wilson, Antony Blinken, Jennifer Rubin, Brett McGurk, Max Boot, Colin Kahl.

I'm sure I've forgotten loads of them, but these are the most infamous. They're known as "neocons," they have their own specific agenda, which Trump refused to follow, so they ditched him and went over to Biden, whose senility allows them to do whatever they want, especially fuck up Russia.

Maybe posting in the middle of the night is bad for your mental equilibrium and understanding of reality. Ukrainians are fighting because they were attacked and invaded. No one outside of Ukraine instructed them. I think you are in danger of not being taken seriously. Or has that already happened?

The Ukrainians who fought for the reasons you describe are all dead. Now they're resorting to conscription (some say press gangs), Poles and the military detritus of the world. They won't be able to continue the war without overt intervention from some foreign power, and guess who they'll be calling on first?

Does anyone actually believe Biden is in control of USA? This guy would have trouble tying his own shoe laces.

Brits believe it, at least the ones on here do. No-one in America believes it, because we've seen him in action. He's quite obviously not doing anything except pooing in his pants (much to the disgust of the Pope--look it up if you don't know), so the question is who is really running the country. And he answer is the people I list above.

noboby wanted a massive, expensive, hugely disrupitve and destrcutive war in Ukraine

The neocons wanted it, and they made sure they got it too. I'll explain their motives if you like, but first let's establish their existence. There seem to be a few people on here who deny it. All they have to do is 10 minutes of Googling so, once we agree that there actually are such people as the ones I've named, we can continue to discuss their geo-political aspirations.

Why are so many obsessed with Jewish people on here?

They don't really give a toss, they just can't think of any reply except "you're an anti-semite." They'll say it response to just about anything, no matter how unrelated. It's a weird obsession.

The Ukrainians who fought for the reasons you describe are all dead. Now they're resorting to conscription (some say press gangs), Poles and the military detritus of the world. They won't be able to continue the war without overt intervention from some foreign power, and guess who they'll be calling on first?
Let me guess. North Korea.

Victoria Nuland, Robert Kagan, David Frum, Bill Kristol, Rick Wilson, Antony Blinken, Jennifer Rubin, Brett McGurk, Max Boot, Colin Kahl.

I'm sure I've forgotten loads of them, but these are the most infamous. They're known as "neocons," they have their own specific agenda, which Trump refused to follow, so they ditched him and went over to Biden, whose senility allows them to do whatever they want, especially fuck up Russia.

So you've selected a motley assortment of has-beens most of whom just happen to be Jews.

Brits believe it, at least the ones on here do. No-one in America believes it, because we've seen him in action. He's quite obviously not doing anything except pooing in his pants (much to the disgust of the Pope--look it up if you don't know), so the question is who is really running the country. And he answer is the people I list above.
No, you're not going to be allowed to continue to trash this thread with your ludicrous claims where you think you can speak for all of America. It's like 'PMs of support' on a global scale and it's infantile, irritating and excessively disruptive.

Take a week off this thread to reconsider your arguments.

And just in time, the ISW have posted an interesting opinion piece ...

The author is American and what he's saying is that Congress needs to step up aid to Ukraine ...

The neocons wanted it, and they made sure they got it too. I'll explain their motives if you like, but first let's establish their existence. There seem to be a few people on here who deny it. All they have to do is 10 minutes of Googling so, once we agree that there actually are such people as the ones I've named, we can continue to discuss their geo-political aspirations.

"they made sure they got it" - So these marginal wing nuts not only managed to take complete control of american and ukranian foreign policay - their influence was so great they managed to get putin to launch a full scale invasion?

All they have to do is 10 minutes of Googling so, once we agree that there actually are such people as the ones I've named, we can continue to discuss their geo-political aspirations.

ah - "do your own research"

you are so full of shit.

So much of the old school left fall for the same fallacy of conspiracy theorists, that a small group of powerful people (e.g "the neocons" ) can control events. But people, societies and polities and nation states and economies are far too complex and their actions and behaviour are reponses to a wide range of different, changing factors.
It's a dynamic system that can be influenced but is not controllable or predictable in any meaningful way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom