Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Iraq wasn't a NATO policy. If France or Germany had shared a border in the area, they'd have refused too (pity the UK wouldn't have). It's totally irrelevant. Hungary is already far more pro-Russia than Slovakia and it's not made a lick of difference in NATO's policies. What exactly do you think it will change?

It's the thin end of the wedge. Public support for this war is crumbling fast, and Slovakia should give other electorates the impetus to wrest the steering wheel away from their governments before they drive off the cliff.

And the reality:

Majority of Americans oppose more US aid for Ukraine in war with Russia​

Oh wait. But here you are quoting a poll. Make your mind up.

What 'peeps' do you talk to? Your YouTube grifting pals?

I meet a lot of veterans. They were very enthusiastic twenty years ago, at the start of the second Iraq war. Many of them came home wounded, traumatised and comprehensively disillusioned. Many concluded that they had been tricked into fighting. There's no enthusiasm whatsoever for fighting over Ukraine.

I meet a lot of veterans. They were very enthusiastic twenty years ago, at the start of the second Iraq war. Many of them came home wounded, traumatised and comprehensively disillusioned. Many concluded that they had been tricked into fighting. There's no enthusiasm whatsoever for fighting over Ukraine.
Who needs modern scientific polling to find out what America thinks when we can have Dwyer's unsourced, unverified, totally anecdotal opinions from a truly microscopic amount of unnamed voices from an incredibly narrow demographic, eh?

Who needs modern scientific polling to find out what America thinks when we can have Dwyer's unsourced, unverified, totally anecdotal opinions from a truly microscopic amount of unnamed voices from an incredibly narrow demographic, eh?

Polling isn't "scientific" at all. Polls can easily be manipulated, they're usually wrong, and frankly you'd have to be mad to trust 'em.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your experience of the USA is limited to the North-east? That's the Dems heartland, it's not representative of the country as a whole. Go to Texas and ask them what they think of "Biden's war."

Well maybe 1941 to 1945? The period between September 1939 and June 1941 was, er, complicated.
The Finnish Army had a battlefield synagogue whilst alongside the their German allies against the USSR and three Finnish Jews were awarded the Iron Cross.

Polling isn't "scientific" at all. Polls can easily be manipulated, they're usually wrong, and frankly you'd have to be mad to trust 'em.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your experience of the USA is limited to the North-east? That's the Dems heartland, it's not representative of the country as a whole. Go to Texas and ask them what they think of "Biden's war."

Here: educate yourself: Public Opinion Polling Basics

Unlike you, I'm very keen not to make this thread all about me, so where I've worked or visited in the States is utterly, totally irrelevant to the war in Ukraine. And you're totally fucking wrong anyway.

I can't imagine he spends much time speaking to the 46.48% of Texans who voted for Biden in the 2020 Presidential election.

Obviously that was a poll and as Dwyer said you can't trust polls.

Just because they voted for Biden doesn't mean they support the war. I mean seriously, think about this for a second. Why would an American want to fight for Zelensky?

Tactical nukes can be used on the battlefield without harming your own side.
Doesn't even need to be tactical. Or on the battlefield. Why not just nuke your own country with bomb massive enough to disable all electronics?

The only "harm" is a return to '93, apparently. :)

Doesn't even need to be tactical. Or on the battlefield. Why not just nuke your own country with bomb massive enough to disable all electronics?

The only "harm" is a return to '93, apparently. :)

So, we have only had electrical devices sine 1993?

Back
Top Bottom