Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

I can't understand why people express (feign?) surprise at statements like this when it's already been widely discussed how the Putin regime veers wildly-and deliberately-between contradictory statements, and doesn't care that the west can see this (see the article on Surkov linked above.)

The Kiev regime presents Putin with an open goal by venerating historical fascist and anti-semitic figures and lauding Azov, and the Russians don't give a toss that we know they utilise the services of neo-Nazis. Putin might praise them, but they are fodder for the regime.
In these troubled times, I do find your brand of haughty 'my dear fellow' realism most comforting. You're always on hand to put us right. Always.

I wasn't talking primarily about that particular post, but that 'Look, the Russians say they're fighting Nazis but they have Nazis in their ranks!' has definitely been a running theme on here...

It's a 'running theme' because it's a provable fact.

There's another running theme of you being an absolute weirdo about anything Russia-related but I'm far too tactful to mention it.

It's a 'running theme' because it's a provable fact.

There's another running theme of you being an absolute weirdo about anything Russia-related but I'm far too tactful to mention it.
I never said it wasn't a provable fact.

Mention whatever you like. Being a weirdo on here would put me in pretty good company. However, bear in mind that deviating from the preferred narrative doesn't necessarily make anybody a weirdo.

In these troubled times, I do find your brand of haughty 'my dear fellow' realism most comforting. You're always on hand to put us right. Always.
Judging by my comparatively low post count I'm actually not. And it's a bit much when an accusation of always being somewhere comes from the type of poster who, it seems, has to comment on almost any subject going, often with an assumed moral superiority.

In any case, you can always put me on ignore and stick to the vast majority of posts that tell you what you want to hear.

Now you and Frank can maybe stop writing about an individual poster and concentrate on the subject?

I know, I know. In fact if you look at who has posted most on this thread... oh, well I never!
If I have posted most on this thread, which any poster is free to join in on, then it isn't my fault. If I'd posted as much as you in total I'd be wondering where the fuck my life went.

Second appeal: can we now stick to the subject?

If I have posted most on this thread, which any poster is free to join in on, then it isn't my fault. If I'd posted as much as you in total I'd be wondering where the fuck my life went.

Second appeal: can we now stick to the subject?
The fucking nerve of you, every other post is you suggesting other posters are naive/pro-Nato/fans of neoliberalism/the war party/unwilling to see fascism at every turn. Gee.

Yet another piece predicting the collapse of the kleptocracy that is the current Russian state. Much as I would love to see it implode i can't but help feel it is wishful thinking. Putin himself may come to an unfortunste (for him) end but replacements, well it could be someone worse:

Yet another piece predicting the collapse of the kleptocracy that is the current Russian state. Much as I would love to see it implode i can't but help feel it is wishful thinking. Putin himself may come to an unfortunste (for him) end but replacements, well it could be someone worse:

Yeh being as in December wagner was supposed to have rather more than 25000 mercenaries I'm not sure how accurate that article is

The fucking nerve of you, every other post is you suggesting other posters are naive/pro-Nato/fans of neoliberalism/the war party/unwilling to see fascism at every turn. Gee

It quite clearly isn't every other post, but instead of writing about me you'd be better employed in trying to refute arguments you disapprove of.

Yeah, wishful thinking. I don't even understand how the writer jumps to his conclusion. The only two bits I found vaguely interesting were

a) for bimble, what I meant about other variables

In the early 2000s, he amassed substantial wealth by securing exclusive state contracts for catering, maintenance, and construction via connections within the Kremlin and Ministry of Defense.

and b) he's right about Wagner not really being a PMC

Wagner, despite the common belief, is not ‘a private military company’ but a secret sub-division of the Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, the GRU (formerly the Main Intelligence Directorate), completely dependent on the Ministry of Defence.” It is hardly surprising that the Ministry of Defence and the Kremlin eliminated the mutinous subdivision.

Did you miss the part where I didn't sound convinced by it? 'Wishful thinking' should have been a clue.
I took your wishful thinking to mean you felt them over optimistic, not that you took their rosy analysis to be founded on bollocks which in the bit about 25k ex-cons was lifted from one of her articles from a month or two back.

I took your wishful thinking to mean you felt them over optimistic, not that you took their rosy analysis to be founded on bollocks which in the bit about 25k ex-cons was lifted from one of her articles from a month or two back.
I was not aware of the preceding article, but yeah, unfortunately I think it's bollocks without even being aware of that. There isn't even a remotely credible alternative in the wings. The only vaguely credible opposition figure is Navalny and he has really questionable nationalistic leanings and is, in any case in prison. So if Putin is ousted or assassinated it's likely to be more of the same but quite possibly worse.

It's from Marx's Critique of the Political Economy. You won't be the only one on here who hasn't read or understood it tbh.
A nerd writes: Which few Marxists realize wasn't a proper representation of his views. He wrote it (The Preface) for the Prussian censor in an unsuccessful effort to have his works published there. The idea that superstructure (ideas, politics, art, law) are merely determined by the economy is contradicted a) in other parts of his work (like The Communist Manifesto, Capital vol. 1) and b) in his own political activism.

A nerd writes: Which few Marxists realize wasn't a proper representation of his views. He wrote it (The Preface) for the Prussian censor in an unsuccessful effort to have his works published there. The idea that superstructure (ideas, politics, art, law) are merely determined by the economy is contradicted a) in other parts of his work (like The Communist Manifesto, Capital vol. 1) and b) in his own political activism.
1692959471898.png

I wish I'd thought of this (i.e. I didn't write this one):

Well they blew up the Hot Dog Man in Russia last night
And they blew up his plane too
Down on the Donbass they're ready for a fight
Gonna see what them Azov boys can do
Now there's weapons flowing in from overseas
And the Kremlin can't get no relief
Gonna be a rumble on the Melitipol line
And the NATO commissioner's holding on by the skin of his teeth

Everything dies, baby, that's a fact...

Born to Run, but I'm on Fire and Blinded by the Light.

How will we ever know?

64a979128ed31300199e329b

Brilliant Disguise.

It might be a bad idea to assert the determining role of the economic base as a dogmatic last word in analysis, but it's not a bad place to start such an analysis.

Back
Top Bottom