Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Nothing hidden about it. Maidan coup, abrogation of Minsk accords, war in Donbass all directed by the USA from 2014.
You forgot the bit about the USA blowing up dams, occupying nuclear power stations, attacking grain silos, ports, blocks of flats and schools, abducting kids, looting torturing etc etc. They must have bribed or threatened Putin into doing all this stuff. No other possible explanation.

The US have been slow in helping Ukraine and have only given in to sending some types of weaponry after UK and others did so first. I think you're thinking of the amount of money, maybe. That's not leading.

US actually currently tops table in terms of kit. Any delays stem from protection of secret sauce recipes..

that was situation up til today....somehow I don't think the war is ending in the next 45 days

You forgot the bit about the USA blowing up dams, occupying nuclear power stations, attacking grain silos, ports, blocks of flats and schools, abducting kids, looting torturing etc etc. They must have bribed or threatened Putin into doing all this stuff. No other possible explanation.
You forget, none of that actually happened. The photos were staged, something something crisis actors, even if it did happen Ukraine's done bad stuff too, worse even ... etc etc.

That article addresses a completely different point from the one at hand, which is whether Ukraine and other European countries, including the UK, realised before the US that resisting the Russian invasion was a regional imperative that would need considerable support in treasure, if not in blood.

The article you post is about the difficulty in convincing non-European and non-NATO unaligned states. You’re not really doing all this in good faith, are you?

Have you just realised this? :D I can't believe people are seriously engaging with Dwyre's off the cuff by the numbers nonsense.

US actually currently tops table in terms of kit. Any delays stem from protection of secret sauce recipes..

that was situation up til today....somehow I don't think the war is ending in the next 45 days

But not in what's been given to Ukraine. And, nearly just as importantly, when things are given. The US dragging their feet makes it much harder for Ukraine brass to formulate a plan like pushing east and south before trenches are dug or what happens when they do break through and the mobile phase begins.

But not in what's been given to Ukraine. And, nearly just as importantly, when things are given. The US dragging their feet makes it much harder for Ukraine brass to formulate a plan like pushing east and south before trenches are dug or what happens when they do break through and the mobile phase begins.
That's as maybe. But the Pentagon maintains huge databases about bits of what of their kit are classified and what's OK for export ...that's your logjam

That's as maybe. But the Pentagon maintains huge databases about bits of what of their kit are classified and what's OK for export ...that's your logjam

It is not. No matter what's been given to Ukraine or who gave it, it's had the same process. The Whitehouse has been nervous about escalation.

It is not. No matter what's been given to Ukraine or who gave it, it's had the same process. The Whitehouse has been nervous about escalation.
That to. ..but things like the Abrahs were services ones with the armour switched out that takes time. Stuff like the artillery has targeting circuits removed the Ukrainians Macgyver their own ones back on but it all takes time

That to. ..but things like the Abrahs were services ones with the armour switched out that takes time. Stuff like the artillery has targeting circuits removed the Ukrainians Macgyver their own ones back on but it all takes time

Yes, that's true. But that isn't what's slowed the US. It's been clear what could help Ukraine for the longest. Then seriously talking about it - the goal and tools needed - with Ukraine and allies is the next step. Biden hasn't committed. He's was scared of Ukraine getting migs and slowed that down too.

It's hard to know what "the Whitehouse" means these days. When Biden was still alive there was at least an identifiable individual figurehead, but the term now designates the executive branch in general, and they're all totally gung-ho. It's the group of 70 or so "right-wing" congresspeople around Gaetz and Hawley which is standing in the way.

This looks like the start of something potentially important

We’ve seen over recent weeks the general consolidation of the area around Robotyne. Yesterday, something appeared on the interactive map that is almost invisible at any kind of wider zoom

View attachment 392979

Looking closer, though, it seems to be the Ukrainians establishing some solid ground in Verbove

View attachment 392980

To date, that kind of incursion has tended to end with Ukraine retaking the settlement.

It’s been noticeable that since taking Robotyne, Ukraine seem to have concentrated more on pushing east than south, despite talk of the latter being about cutting off the land bridge.

Looking at the maps today, not very much seems to have changed here.

According to the ISW commentary they are trying to get control of the land to the south/west of Robotyne rather than Verbove.

I thought the significance of the breakthrough near Verbove was that they had got through those main defence lines.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.19.40.jpg

Any progress appears excruciatingly slow especially when you zoom out and see how much further it is to Tokmak let alone the coast.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 10.27.30.jpg

Looking at the maps today, not very much seems to have changed here.

According to the ISW commentary they are trying to get control of the land to the south/west of Robotyne rather than Verbove.

I thought the significance of the breakthrough near Verbove was that they had got through those main defence lines.

View attachment 393786

Any progress appears excruciatingly slow especially when you zoom out and see how much further it is to Tokmak let alone the coast.

View attachment 393787
All true, but the creators of those maps don’t have anything but public information to work with and need to wait for verifiable data before they update. I would say that you really need to look at the movement over the course of weeks, not days. If there is no further movement into Verbove by the end of October then I guess the seizure of its western tip was for reasons other than the desire to retake it.

IIRC, there are three directions of attack in the Robotyne / Verbove salient.
West of Robotyne, South of Robotyne and East towards Verbove - although the main thrust of the latter route is, I think slightly North of the actual settlement of Verbove, so along the fortifications / trenches between Verbove and Novofedorivka.

And the Ukrainians are still clearing incredibly dense minefields in areas with trench and redoubt / dugout complexes plus added tunnels connections. [which helps to explain why the three complexes in the area south of Robotyne are still contested]

Be fair. There has been loads of speculation on this thread about false flag attacks, particularly when the Kremlin got attacked by a little drone some months back.
Have you been reading the recent conspiraloon/pro Trump/pro just about anything dodgy delivered by Mr Dwyer since his return?

I'm still waiting to learn how it needed the huge resources of the Secret Services to find evidence that Trump has committed a crime, but that's for another thread really.
The secret service has a specific meaning in the United States and I'd have thought it was investigations by the non-secret service of the fbi that were more pertinent with regard to trump

The secret service has a specific meaning in the United States and I'd have thought it was investigations by the non-secret service of the fbi that were more pertinent with regard to trump
Well as they where once part of the department of the treasury They do handle financial crimes.

Back
Top Bottom