Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Not him: if that's Tyrion he’s wise and clever with a sense of humour, and acutely aware of his place in the world. None of those qualities Zelensky possesses, although perhaps he is clever, if enlarging NATO and dragging us all closer to nuclear war is clever. And a question for those who support the war: how about arming the Palestinian resistance then? Or at least sanctions given what is happening in Jerusalem?….No, thought not…

Not him: if that's Tyrion he’s wise and clever with a sense of humour, and acutely aware of his place in the world. None of those qualities Zelensky possesses, although perhaps he is clever, if enlarging NATO and dragging us all closer to nuclear war is clever. And a question for those who support the war: how about arming the Palestinian resistance then? Or at least sanctions given what is happening in Jerusalem?….No, thought not…

Best option would be not arming Israel to force them to negotiate - that option is not available WRT Russia.
What do you think would have happened to the people of Ukraine and its people the west had not given military support?

Zelensky's place in the world is in a bunker underneath Kyiv with occasional trips out for photo-opportunities. His primary role is to be a figurehead championing and drumming up support for resistance to Putin's cack-handed and unravelling occupation. He's a professional actor so he has the necessary skills for that. Given the cruelty and ineptitude of that occupation, I don't think either he or the majority of Ukrainians worry about the highly-unlikely possibility of a nuclear war breaking out. In the Long-term Ukrainian membership of both NATO and the EU will eventually happen. The stupidity of the Russian regime has made that inevitable.

Perhaps, if you spent less time watching Game of Thrones, you would be able to produce a new edition of that semi-moribund journal of which you are so proud.

I remember reading somewhere George RR Marshall based Game of Thrones on seemingly interminable wars like Vietnam/Wars of the Roses/French Wars of Religion….

So is it just me who looks at the current conflict and sees GOT echoes? Pregozhin as Theon Greyjoy, Putin as Stannis Baratheon (minus any sense of rectitude). Not sure where the megalomaniac Zelensky fits in mind. Any ideas?
Bill Kenwright as Ned Stark :D Losing it a bit here Seymore.

The idea is that a decisive defeat for the Russian Army in Ukraine would lead to the downfall of the regime without there needing to be any direct attack on Russia besides enabling Ukraine to defeat the occupying army.

I think the UK should send troops to support Ukraine. Lord knows we've got enough of them sat around doing fuck all at ludicrous expense.

E2a: Actually I think UK forces should make their own way to Ukraine and volunteer to fight en masse. They're such brave lads after all, I'm sure they'd be happy to fight against a country with a non-zero capacity to defend itself for once.
So you think they should desert their current posts

You would, of course, prefer that Ukraine be left to twist in the wind, and Russia allowed to prevail, right?

Ukraine should negotiate, I’m sure noted authoritarian strongman and Make-USSR-Great-Again Putin will keep his word and not undermine or attempt to crusade and destroy Ukraine as an ethnicity and nation or sponsor massive endemic corruption

Zelensky should just trust in good faith like

Ukraine should negotiate, I’m sure noted authoritarian strongman and Make-USSR-Great-Again Putin will keep his word and not undermine or attempt to crusade and destroy Ukraine as an ethnicity and nation or sponsor massive endemic corruption

Zelensky should just trust in good faith like
Don't think vp needs to sponsor corruption, its been a great issue in Ukraine since independence

Back
Top Bottom