Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I'd say it's fairly high-risk behavior to be flying fighter jets near the border of a nuclear power that is currently at war with a country you are openly supporting and supplying less than 48 hours after an attempted coup.

I'd say it's fairly high-risk behavior to be flying fighter jets near the border of a nuclear power that is currently at war with a country you are openly supporting and supplying less than 48 hours after an attempted coup.
Presumably worth it, then.

Rivet Joint is electronic surveillance, and sont blame em what with even Putin talking about criminal endeavour going on in the badlands

Peskov is saying that he never said the thing about Putin's speech determining the destiny of Russia, or whatever.

Wonder if they nicked the "two versions" thing off our once and future prime minister, and there's an unused script where Putin declares Russia enslaved to Satan.

It's all very (and pointlessly) risky as things could pop off by accident. All it would take would be one Flanker/Typhoon driver to get the switchology wrong and we're in a shooting war with Russia with Sunak and Cleverly calling the shots.

The RAF's primary motivation will be to get on Sky News in a probably doomed attempt to head off any defence cuts.

Ulrike "M", see?

M was his stage name.

[whistles "New York, London, Paris, Munich. Everybody talk about...."]

to be fair "everybody talks about the weather... we don't" is one of the best political posters of the 20th century

there was a super lame/cringey rehash recently with greta thunberg and a couple of other climate activist faces (instead of marx, engels, lenin) that said "Everybody talks about the weather... so do we" though it's a bit more forceful in the German

original Baader-Meinhof: "Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir nicht."
cringey Thunberg rehash: "Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir auch."

to be fair "everybody talks about the weather... we don't" is one of the best political posters of the 20th century

there was a super lame/cringey rehash recently with greta thunberg and a couple of other climate activist faces (instead of marx, engels, lenin) that said "Everybody talks about the weather... so do we" though it's a bit more forceful in the German

original Baader-Meinhof: "Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir nicht."
cringey Thunberg rehash: "Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir auch."
I'm surprised by that, GT's media appearances are usually better managed/curated than that.

I remember reading somewhere George RR Marshall based Game of Thrones on seemingly interminable wars like Vietnam/Wars of the Roses/French Wars of Religion….

So is it just me who looks at the current conflict and sees GOT echoes? Pregozhin as Theon Greyjoy, Putin as Stannis Baratheon (minus any sense of rectitude). Not sure where the megalomaniac Zelensky fits in mind. Any ideas?

Oh, you're one of those weirdos.
If by you mean weirdos, while disliking the gangster Putin intensely I dont think we should be involved in this war, and do not think Zelensky a saint, yes. But you know I do learn from experience: thus you can witter all you want, you are now blocked. And I suppose you dont understand the word rectitude: figures

Back
Top Bottom