Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

So you mean no UK State involvement at all? No aid, military or other support or sanctions of any kind? No other solidarity from NGOs or unions or anything similar? No Ukrainian refugee support or housing?
I am happy with supporting refugees certainly. My position is probably Stop the Wars and that of John McDonnell and other Labour Leftists before they lost their nerve.

If by you mean weirdos, while disliking the gangster Putin intensely I dont think we should be involved in this war, and do not think Zelensky a saint, yes. But you know I do learn from experience: thus you can witter all you want, you are now blocked. And I suppose you dont understand the word rectitude: figures

You made a right tit of yourself on this thread last June, and left it, now you're a back again for a repeat performance, what an odd ball.

So against all the union and political solidarity initiatives for Ukrainians as well, great political position.

Same as another lovely person on the left I met who thinks no food or medical aid should go to Ukraine lest it aid the war effort and prolong the war. Nothing to suggest but complete occupation of Ukraine by the Russian State and military and then everyone should organise in the factories or something.

Logically you don't then support the anti-war resistance in Russia then as that might prolong the war too or help a Ukrainian win? Nothing but complete Ukrainian surrender immediately would be enough for you?

So against all the union and political solidarity initiatives for Ukrainians as well, great political position.

Same as another lovely person on the left I met who thinks no food or medical aid should go to Ukraine lest it aid the war effort and prolong the war. Nothing to suggest but complete occupation of Ukraine by the Russian State and military and then everyone should organise in the factories or something.

Logically you don't then support the anti-war resistance in Russia then as that might prolong the war too or help a Ukrainian win? Nothing but complete Ukrainian surrender immediately would be enough for you?
I see it is binary for you: if I dont support one side I must support the other. I dont, get over it. Certainly dont visit this thread often: perhaps the title should be changed to reflect dissent is not allowed. That would make thingsclear.

If by you mean weirdos, while disliking the gangster Putin intensely I dont think we should be involved in this war, and do not think Zelensky a saint, yes. But you know I do learn from experience: thus you can witter all you want, you are now blocked. And I suppose you dont understand the word rectitude: figures
Ah. One of THOSE weirdos.

I remember reading somewhere George RR Marshall based Game of Thrones on seemingly interminable wars like Vietnam/Wars of the Roses/French Wars of Religion….

So is it just me who looks at the current conflict and sees GOT echoes? Pregozhin as Theon Greyjoy, Putin as Stannis Baratheon (minus any sense of rectitude). Not sure where the megalomaniac Zelensky fits in mind. Any ideas?

5cUAqD3.jpg

Great political position to have stood four-square alongside Johnson. Strange times make for strange political bed-fellows I suppose

Great political position to have stood four-square alongside Johnson. Strange times make for strange political bed-fellows I suppose

Nonsense. By that logic all the Ukrainian resistance is also fully alongside Johnson politically. Or if you thought the vaccine program was great you also supported him. Or if you supported any intervention to support the YPG/YPJ and SDF against IS you're in lock step with the whole of NATO. And that anytime you support anything you somehow also support everything else they do.

I bet Larry has managed to vote Labour plenty of times thinking they're the slightly better option rather than being perfect, or engaged in union struggles knowing they're also flawed and problematic, or all sorts of other political struggles were we have to make compromises. Yet when it comes to this they have a simplistic position and can't see anything worth supporting, yet manage accuse others of 'binary thinking'.

Likening his position to StW's says a lot tbh, disgusting political creatures that they are.

Last edited:
Nonsense. By that logic all the Ukrainian resistance is also fully alongside Johnson politically. Or if you thought the vaccine program was great you also supported him. Or if you supported any intervention to support the YPG/YPJ and SDF against IS you're in lock step with the whole of NATO. And that anytime you support anything you somehow also support everything else they do.

I bet Larry has managed to vote Labour plenty of times thinking they're the slightly better option rather than being perfect, or engaged in union struggles knowing they're also flawed and problematic, or all sorts of other political struggles were we have to make compromises. Yet when it comes to this they have a simplistic position and can't see anything worth supporting, yet manage accuse others of 'binary thinking'.

Likening his position to StW's says a lot tbh, disgusting political creatures that they are.
I'm not talking about all Johnson's other policies, obviously :rolleyes: just his position on Ukraine,and I didn't mention support, simply standing alongside him. Which after all is something few posters on this thread have separated themselves from and many got themselves into rather a state salivating over the weaponry handed over

You know f… all about my voting habits. The binary comment was made because a muppet implied I supported Russia. I don’t

Last edited:
Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko, the deal broker between Vladimir Putin and Yevgeny Prigozhin, has laid out how his role in negotiations between the two sides unfolded on Saturday.

"I suggested to Putin not to hurry. I said, let us talk to Prigozhin and his commanders," he said.

The Belarusian leader said this is how the conversation played out (in transcripts quoted by news agencies):

Putin: "Look Sasha [Alexander], it is useless, he won't even pick up the phone."

Lukashenko: "Where is he?"

Putin: "In Rostov(-on-Don)."

Lukashenko: "Ok... I will try to contact him."

As Lukashenko was telling the story to Belarusian officers and officials after an event at the Palace of Independence, he called Prigozhin a "heroic guy".

Lukashenko said at first, they talked "almost only [in] swear words".

"He says: 'Let them hand me over [Defence Minister Sergei] Shoigu and [General Chief of Staff Valery] Gerasimov! I also need to meet Putin'. I say: 'Zhenya (Yevgeny), no-one will ever hand over Shoigu, Gerasimov, or anyone else, for that matter.'

"He says: 'But we want justice! They want to strangle us! We will march on Moscow!'

"And I say: 'Halfway [to Moscow], they will squash you like a bug.' Even though, as Putin told me, the troops were busy on a certain front line."

See the end result is basically what I've said all along. But now Lukashenko has said it, with his lips moving, I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom