Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Washington Post suggest Prig is after the heads of Sergei Shoigu and Valery Gerasimov rather than a push on Putin.

There have long been speculations that Wagner troops use a lot of war drugs. The song Cocaine Decisions keeps popping in my mind this morning.

Last edited:
Wondering because I understood the Russians were keeping their latest tank out of the fighting so far, and this one looks modern, possibly that latest model ..

It looks a lot like a T-72, which there are (or were) vast numbers of. But I was procrastinating and googled, so the wheels and exhaust ID it as a T-80. Or at least they do on the basis of 5 minutes of research.

Washington Post suggest Prig is after the heads of Sergei Shoigu and Valery Gerasimov rather than a push on Putin.

There have long been speculations that Wagner troops use a lot war drugs. The song Cocaine Decisions keeps popping in my mind this morning.

As has been said a few times, many a coup has started with 'we're just taking out the corrupt advisors'.

Seems to be some twitter chat that the Russian air force has bombed one of the Wagner convoys on the M4. Can't see a reliable source for it yet though.

Last edited:
I would guess that "personal financial gain" is the very low on Prigozin's list of motivations - hes in shit or bust terriroty, he either topples the regime or he is dead - and the odds are surely very much on the latter. egomania , greivance, lust for power presumably all in there. Going by his previous rants he clearly thinks he would do a much better job of running the war.
You have to wonder what the russian troops grimly enduring in their trenches make of all this - I would imagine his talk of the lies and of lives being thrown away will resonate very strongly. if this escaltates its the sort of thing that leads to mass mutinies and desertions. Absolute gift to the ukranians - a breakthrough now whilst the russian command are paralysed and the whole front could collapse.
Sure to be all sorts of rumours flying around - with UKR helpfully stirring the pot.

But also - WHAT THE FUCK!!! to the power of several gazillion.

Well crikey. This is all a bit bonkers.

If you were a Russian regular army commander and Herr Wagner made you an offer you couldn’t refuse and it meant you and your troops didn’t have to go and fight in Ukraine it would definitely have to be taken into consideration. Taking into account you would know the situation on the ground behind the bullshit put out by Russian TV.

Also (if true) how do they come back from shooting down 3 helicopters? That’s not just handbags.

Last edited:
it meant you and your troops didn’t have to go and fight

This has got to be Wagner's best propaganda card. While he may be a mercenary nazi scumbag Prigozhin has also been the only prominent figure advocating for (his) troops over the last while, and personally linked to Russia's only recent victory. Compared to Putin who's been utterly remote, and the generals who have taken all the blame for multiple major fuckups and huge numbers of lost lives.

Back
Top Bottom