Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I wonder how many more "accounting errors" the DoD is going to find in the aid to Ukraine that lets them send more stuff? I mean, not all aid is equal in terms of economic cost. Sending equipment is sending money already spent. Military equipment is not exactly a fungible currency. You can't pay teachers in Bradleys unless you want the next teachers strike to be a lot more interesting.

I wonder how many more "accounting errors" the DoD is going to find in the aid to Ukraine that lets them send more stuff? I mean, not all aid is equal in terms of economic cost. Sending equipment is sending money already spent. Military equipment is not exactly a fungible currency. You can't pay teachers in Bradleys unless you want the next teachers strike to be a lot more interesting.

I don’t the US is overly concerned with paying teachers tbf

BiB - oh, I don't know ...
A few years ago now, I knew several members from a group of teachers & lecturers, that between them owned an interesting selection of old military vehicles ...

I found out a few weeks ago that one of the group has sold his Ferret armoured car, and the Austin Champ is also up for sale.
I had a hankering to collect the OH - teacher - from their school one day, using the Ferret ... my big bike {AJS 650} had already featured in a school assembly, so why not ?

I seriously don't get how Prigozhin gets away with this stuff when others don't - I used to think it was because Putin gave him more leeway as a "fellow patriot/one of the good ones" but some of this stuff seems like just an outright undermining of the Russian war effort.

I seriously don't get how Prigozhin gets away with this stuff when others don't - I used to think it was because Putin gave him more leeway as a "fellow patriot/one of the good ones" but some of this stuff seems like just an outright undermining of the Russian war effort.

He's going to get the blame for when everything goes tits up properly

The real consideration should be if you have time to dig an Anderson shelter or not? All you fools will be begging us preppers for ciggy papers next week ;)

I will believe this when I see it.

If it is genuine - especially the wilder claims that they are actually shooting at each other - then one would imagine Russian units in Ukraine may start to withdraw back to Russia / the Crimea by themselves (the pre-September 2022 version of Russia that is).

Yeah me too but there’s a lot of it about. More than usual and I struggle to see any kind of strategy it suits.

But I’m not a master strategist.

Last edited:
With the Russian Army it's at least as likely that they blatted the wrong camp by mistake, they don't inspire confidence at the best of times. If they're fighting amongst themselves now all to the good.
The Ukrainians are probably feeling a bit like the 2 Roman soldiers in Life of Brian stood to one side watching bemused as the Peoples Front of Judea and the Judean Peoples Front slug it out.

Potentially incredible turn of events... Prigozhin sounds power-mad delusional and I cant imagine it ending well for him, but how loyal are Wagner troops to him?

i listened to this the other day
he is an ego maniac by the sounds of it, and some do think he wants to be president, but also he recognises that he has been used and has "run out of road" - could be his last throw of the dice here.
smells a little desperate and delusional

Last edited:
Not sure how I can find my posts from about 2 (maybe 4) weeks ago but I called it.

Opens up another bottle of claret in my opulant mansion.

I was decried when I said Wagner were loose cannons who will go where the money and ammo is, and that the main chap has ambitions.

And yet most of you went... "you're mental Joe".

Which is fair enough. I say that every day.

Back
Top Bottom