Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

The article doesn’t say anything really on how the US intends to convince India, China, Brazil etc. Speak louder to them? Make threats?

Mohdi is in Washington, and they've rolled out the red carpet. India has decided that China is it's most immediate and persistent challenge, and that if it wants to keep China in its box, it needs to be part of a wider circle of other states who take the same view, which means the US.

No great love lost between India and the US, but they have the same problem. India certainly isn't going to get involved, but they are certainly coming to the view that China's prestige and 'big dog' status is reduced if it's client state/attack dog, Russia, is humbled.

The article doesn’t say anything really on how the US intends to convince India, China, Brazil etc. Speak louder to them? Make threats?

Well, it won't be on any moral argument that's for sure .

Here's some trinkets :

Mohdi is in Washington, and they've rolled out the red carpet. India has decided that China is it's most immediate and persistent challenge, and that if it wants to keep China in its box, it needs to be part of a wider circle of other states who take the same view, which means the US.

No great love lost between India and the US, but they have the same problem. India certainly isn't going to get involved, but they are certainly coming to the view that China's prestige and 'big dog' status is reduced if it's client state/attack dog, Russia, is humbled.
don't think anyone believes modi is the mohdi
1687426883703.png

I reckon they would do it, too.

Russia are basically like that psycopath husband/partner that won't allow their woman to leave and then once she does, rather than cut his losses, instead turns the gun on the woman, and his kids, and then suicides himself.

I fully belileve that the world should have shown unity after Russia busted the damn and sent in peacekeeping troops. The fact that no one did anything has just emboldened them.

John Sweeney also reckons they will do it, for the same reason I do.

I reckon they would do it, too.

Russia are basically like that psycopath husband/partner that won't allow their woman to leave and then once she does, rather than cut his losses, instead turns the gun on the woman, and his kids, and then suicides himself.

I fully belileve that the world should have shown unity after Russia busted the damn and sent in peacekeeping troops. The fact that no one did anything has just emboldened them.

John Sweeney also reckons they will do it, for the same reason I do.

right. the world should have shown unity. the unity against russia so common in europe and north america isn't shared by so much of the rest of the world, notably china, india and turkey as you can see from this poll from some months back United West, divided from the rest: Global public opinion one year into Russia’s war on Ukraine. you might as well ask for the moon.

Reactions: tim

I fully believe that the world should have shown unity after Russia fist invaded back in 2014, then this current nightmare would have never happened.

Give a dictator an inch, and they'll take a mile, hence it's so important to push the Russians out of Ukraine, so they don't come back for another slice.

I fully believe that the world should have shown unity after Russia fist invaded back in 2014, then this current nightmare would have never happened.

Give a dictator an inch, and they'll take a mile, hence it's so important to push the Russians out of Ukraine, so they don't come back for another slice.
unity as long as it's the unity you want. there's only been a couple of times the world has pretty much shown unity, 1945 and 1991

right. the world should have shown unity. the unity against russia so common in europe and north america isn't shared by so much of the rest of the world, notably china, india and turkey as you can see from this poll from some months back United West, divided from the rest: Global public opinion one year into Russia’s war on Ukraine. you might as well ask for the moon.

You think the "rest of the world" will be OK with blowing up a fucking nuke plant (no matter who does it)?

If they are then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't care if it's China or India or South Africa looking after civilian infrastructure like dams and nuke plants. They should be fully demilitarised zones there because quite frankly it's in the interest of the whole world INCLUDING Russia and Ukraine.

Africa and Asia also, because if that land is irradiated then loads of people globally are going to starve.

I know Putin and Russia don't give a fuck about it, maybe Ukraine doesn't either. For arguments sake let's say they don't and the nutters who say Ukraine did the dam and would blow the plant are right ..

Even then, it is still in the interest for the world for that plant not to have a chance of being detonated. Should have happend with the dam too.

Pretty sure the rest of the globe (China, Turkey, Africa) actually do care about dying of starvation cuz the breadbasket the need was turned into a swamp and wasteland.

Last edited:
You think the "rest of the world" will be OK with blowing up a fucking nuke plant (no matter who does it)?

If they are then what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't care if it's China or India or South Africa looking after civilian infrastructure like dams and nuke plants. They should be fully demilitarised zones there because quite frankly it's in the interest of the whole world INCLUDING Russia and Ukraine.

Africa and Asia also, because if that land is irradiated then loads of people globally are going to starve.

I know Putin and Russia don't give a fuck about it, maybe Ukraine doesn't either. For arguments sake let's say they don't and the nutters who say Ukraine did the dam and would blow the plant are right ..

Even then, it is still in the interest for the world for that plant not to have a chance of being detonated. Should have happend with the dam too.

Pretty sure the rest of the globe (China, Turkey, Africa) actually do care about dying of starvation cuz the breadbasket the need was turned into a swamp and wasteland.
You can say what you like but there's not the unanimity you'd like about what's currently a hypothetical situation. Sure, loads of people would be pissed off afterwards when it's too late. The simple fact of the matter is if there was a time for people to stand up and be counted it was in 2014 when the countries who guaranteed Ukraine's sovereignty alongside Russia should have done what they signed up to do. Now it's far too late, and whatever happens to this power station I reckon all you'll see is industrial handwringing.

Pretty sure the "rest of the world" will do fuck all about it bar make some noises, if that.

Hell/handbasket.

Climate Change Is Speeding Toward Catastrophe. The Next Decade Is Crucial, U.N. Panel Says.

Bridge from Crimea to Russia has been targeted again. :)
It's actually a smaller bridge from Crimea to occupied Ukraine but it is well out of HIMARS range and seems to be on one of two main roads from Crimea into occupied Ukraine. So not as symbolic as the Kerch bridge nor as complete a cut off.

It's actually a smaller bridge from Crimea to occupied Ukraine but it is well out of HIMARS range and seems to be on one of two main roads from Crimea into occupied Ukraine. So not as symbolic as the Kerch bridge nor as complete a cut off.

Aren't we supposed to consider Crimea as part of occupied Ukraine?

I like alternative history, so how would this have played out, which actors and what would have been the script?

Back
Top Bottom