Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

It would be interesting to see how 'pro-Ukraine' and 'anti-Putin' the western bourgeosie would be if the Ukrainian people ever got fed up with it's ruling class and revolted. All the arms sent to the Ukrainian state would also be used against the Ukrainian working class, and hey, no doubt some extra.

Perhaps because you're only reading stuff that confirms your bias?

Here you go:

Fair enough. No one denied that this was the case.

It would be interesting to see how 'pro-Ukraine' and 'anti-Putin' the western bourgeosie would be if the Ukrainian people ever got fed up with it's ruling class and revolted. All the arms sent to the Ukrainian state would also be used against the Ukrainian working class, and hey, no doubt some extra.
freedom-tooting-22666_10.jpg

More on the dodgy Ukraine contracts here - if he'd been working in Russia, I think the journalist who helped expose the war profiteering might have had some unfortunate accident before now.

Yurii Nikolov, an investigative journalist and founder of the Nashi Groshi (Our Money) investigative website, who broke the defense procurement story for Ukrainian news website ZN.UA, wants to see action rather than more promises from politicians.

“Now Ukraine has a unique opportunity to show we are not like Russia, where they launder money on everything. If some guy wants to steal millions of euros from us during the war, when our economy is 60 percent dependent on EU aid, we have to stop him,” Nikolov told POLITICO.

...since the end of summer, Nikolov’s sources in the government started alerting him to dubious defense procurement hidden from the public. Then, in December, his sources in the armed forces sent him the contract on food and catering services worth 13 billion hryvnias that lies at the heart of the current uproar. The defense ministry signed the deal with a firm affiliated with former defense officials.

Here you go:

well if you must quote jackbooted media lackeys of the bourgeosie :rolleyes:

Here you go:

That lot will help cure my insomnia.

I presume your defence of the Putin regime is because it shares your long established on here anti-semitism? asking for a friend.
If the best you can do is to stoop that low then I must be doing something right. How thoroughly pathetic. You're on ignore now and I've definitely got much better and more useful things to be doing than spending time on here with arseholes like you..

It came from posters here studiously ignoring the reports today of rampant Ukrainian corruption. Perhaps because they don’t want to undermine the war effort? Our boys and that?

I'm not sure it's so much 'studiously ignoring' as 'yes and?'-ing.

e2a: though to be fair to you tc, I see others did the whataboutery this time.

If the best you can do is to stoop that low then I must be doing something right. How thoroughly pathetic. You're on ignore now and I've definitely got much better and more useful things to be doing than spending time on here with arseholes like you..
Gosh, that’s me telt. and that’s before I reminded him of his horrible ablist/disablist bile.

Last edited:
So ignore the Nazi Azov connections. Ignore the rampant corruption. Ignore the nationalism.
Well if it doesn’t bother Ukrainian supporters just say so.

Thing is dude, you've set yourself up on this thread as a pro-Russian commentator when to the vast majority of the rest of us, Russia are patently the massive cunts in all this. If someone else had posted about Ukrainian military corruption it would have got a fairer hearing but because it was you, it's just more of the same old bollocks.

Welcome to my world :D

Last edited:
Thing is, dude, you've set yourself up on this thread as a pro-Russian commentator when to the vast majority of the rest of us, Russia are patently the massive cunts in all this. If someone else had posted about Ukrainian military corruption it would have got a fairer hearing but because it was you it's just more of the same old bollocks.

Welcome to my world :D
This. I think it's generally appreciated that Ukraine is prone to corruption, much more so than its neighbours, with one very obvious exception (edit: two, actually, I was forgetting).

I think it may just be that it's a topic people have limited interest in engaging with when they perceive it as coming from a perspective of pro-Russia or artificial balance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom