Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, said he is convinced that the missile that landed in Poland and killed two people on Tuesday evening was not Ukrainian.
"I have no doubt that it was not our rocket."
He'll look really stupid if it's one of his

Do they not use different rockets so truth will be obvious by looking at the thing? Maybe it doesn't massively matter in the end but I'd want to know for sure, and quite soon, if it was my farm that got blown up.

Do they not use different rockets so truth will be obvious by looking at the thing? Maybe it doesn't massively matter in the end but I'd want to know for sure, and quite soon, if it was my farm that got blown up.

No (reports say it was an S-300, which is used by both sides) and it would be obvious based on the route it took rather than by looking at it.

Wasn't meant at you particularly TBH. Appreciate it's easy to overthink and frett on this stuff, especially in the small hours. I was in the pub when I read the news last night and joked to the barman about it being time to get some iodine pills etc...
Mine wasn't aimed at anyone either, just bored ramble at work.

He'll look really stupid if it's one of his

not sure the angle for him denying it if its one of his why risk turning opinion against his battle with russia

saying that its a slight irregular army using ordinance amazed more mistakes have not happened before this incident

also is Poland not cover by an American missile shield system

:hmm:

Ukraine is still using a lot of old Soviet equipment so difficult to tell. I suspect we won't know either way for years.

I'm guessing beyond painting flags on them these sorts of manoeuvres are picked up by radar indicating launch site but given Ukraine is currently invaded that might not necessarily throw up the right answers either.

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

This place has gone weird. Whatever. Crack on.

Sorry Magnus but this thread is over 600 pages in within the last year
and lots of rows have been had regarding the problems with Nato and Russia

Just wandering in and going "its Nato Fault for expansion" was a weird opening Gambit
as always reading the thread for a bit before jumping in is always a good start

Back
Top Bottom