Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

MH is slightly better today so I'm thinking slightly clearer today -

As others have mentioned, if Russia really wanted to 'start something' with Poland, picking an obscure farm on the border seems odd.

I think the consensus is that it was a Russian rocket, knocked off course by Ukrainian defence.

What I am glad about us that NATO didn't go straight into 'sabre rattling mode', save the usual 'we will defend out allies' rhetoric, which is to ve expected - and seem much more willing to let Russia continue to fuck things up for themselves.

MH is slightly better today so I'm thinking slightly clearer today -

As others have mentioned, if Russia really wanted to 'start something' with Poland, picking an obscure farm on the border seems odd.

I think the consensus is that it was a Russian rocket, knocked off course by Ukrainian defence.

What I am glad about us that NATO didn't go straight into 'sabre rattling mode', save the usual 'we will defend out allies' rhetoric, which is to ve expected - and seem much more willing to let Russia continue to fuck things up for themselves.
The consensus is in fact that it was a Ukrainian missile. Why and what it was shot at begs a few questions.

Oil Depot in Russian region of Oryol was hit by a drone a few hours ago. Seems it was empty though.
View attachment 351712
I know I'm winding folk up speculating w/o evidence. But what about the timing of this? Just hours after the Poland thing. Who dunnit? And was it a 'two can play that game' hitting things beyond the UA borders message? Racking my brain to think of international incidents outside of UA in this war... think these 2 and the NordStream pipeline attack are the main 3 (the only 3?).

I know I'm winding folk up speculating w/o evidence. But what about the timing of this? Just hours after the Poland thing. Who dunnit? And was it a 'two can play that game' hitting things beyond the UA borders message? Racking my brain to think of international incidents outside of UA in this war... think these 2 and the NordStream pipeline attack are the main 3 (the only 3?).
That won't take long

Given it was a air defence missile, I'm hazarding a guess that it was aimed at something in the sky.
You can do better than that. Looking at where the explosions were a missile either flew right across the entire Ukraine before being shot at or was launched from Belarus at the border region of Ukraine/Poland. Ordinance does malfunction of course but it remains of interest especially given the Ukrainian statements this morning.

[QUOTE="Pickman's model, post: 17928210, member: 3913" …some posters are to jump to conclusions based on nothing more than their own preconceptions and without a shred of evidence.
[/QUOTE]

Urban Feature not a Bug

You can do better than that. Looking at where the explosions were a missile either flew right across the entire Ukraine before being shot at or was launched from Belarus at the border region of Ukraine/Poland. Ordinance does malfunction of course but it remains of interest especially given the Ukrainian statements this morning.
There's a fairly good chance that the whole story isn't public anyway. Within which there is a range of possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom