Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

There's thousands of brave men and women out there fighting to defend and liberate their country from the most sinister and dangerous threat Europe has faced in generations and I think we should support them. (I also think that's our national interest as well.) Perhaps that constitutes 'madness' in your world, in which case I'm a total nutter!

There's thousands of brave men and women out there fighting to defend and liberate their country from the most sinister and dangerous threat Europe has faced in generations and I think we should support them. (I also think that's our national interest as well.) Perhaps that constitutes 'madness' in your world, in which case I'm a total nutter!
You lot should be in camps and no mistake.

Quoted for posterity. You keep saying you know shouldn’t post when you’re pissed. And yet you keep doing it.

It was me taking issue with someone saying 'them lot' should be put into camps? You lot need to give your head a wobble.

That was obviously a ironic jibe if you can still tie your shoelices.

Polish strike may have been a Russian typo hitting 50.47719 23.96488 rather than 50.37719 23.96488 which is an airstrip.
I haven't been able to find a precise location for the missile strike, but this does look plausible. The first one is a farm in the right sort of location, and the second one is indeed an airstrip on the other side of the border.

Yep, US seem to think it was a Ukrainian air defence missile rather than Russian.

The Associated Press news agency is quoting three US officials as saying a preliminary assessment suggests the missile that hit Poland was fired by Ukrainian forces at an incoming Russian missile.

The officials, who are not authorised to discuss the matter publicly, spoke to AP on the condition of anonymity.

Earlier on Tuesday President Biden said it was "unlikely" the missile that hit Poland was fired from Russia.

I think a lot of us are afraid that it could be many many millions. And there's nothing wrong with asking at what cost when armchair generals are yelling for every inch of Ukraine to be fought for. I'm far far from hopeful for peace though.

These 'armchair generals' are only in your head, most people on this thread support Ukraine in their action to push back the Russians and reclaim their country from the fascist aggressors, that doesn't make anyone a 'armchair general', it's up to Ukrainians as to how far they go in their mission.

Given how wrong Urban was about it all kicking off in the first place, I'm far from comforted by the unanimity of opinion here that this isn't a major escalation.

Your selected reading of what is posted on this thread is demonstrated well here, plenty of us expressed the view that Russia was going to invade, it was bleeding obvious.

Last edited:
So it could have been a Ukrainian missile that hit Poland. Which still seems a good reason to give them more anti air weapons. So they have ones that aren't shit.

Well the US is certainly not convinced the missile was fired from Russia, so it does seem likely it was a Ukrainian missile, of Russian design.

These 'armchair generals' are only in your head, most people on this thread support Ukraine in their action to push back the Russians and reclaim their country from the fascist aggressors, that doesn't make anyone a 'armchair general', it's up to Ukrainians as to how far they go in their mission
Which Ukrainians ? The only Ukrainian I know irl has taken to saying he's Moldovan because he doesn't want people to think he's a coward for not fighting. I reckon you could get Donetsk or Lugansk out of him if the killing stopped. A minority of posters on here think they know better because they read Zelenskiy's Twitter. It was that that I was questioning.

Your selected reading of what is posted on this thread is demonstrated well here, plenty of us expressed the view that Russia was going to invade, it was bleeding obvious.
I had thought your laughing smiley response indicated you took the post in the spirit it was intended.

I think that's a question for the Ukrainians, not us. It is their country after all. As long as they're willing to carry on fighting, we should carry on arming them. (BTW. so pleased that people like you weren't around in 1940. Well, actually there were, but they were in internment camps thankfully!)
Time to send maomao to an internment camp?

Nice to see you're standing on the side of freedom

I think that's a question for the Ukrainians, not us. It is their country after all. As long as they're willing to carry on fighting, we should carry on arming them. (BTW. so pleased that people like you weren't around in 1940. Well, actually there were, but they were in internment camps thankfully!)
So you'll fight to the last Ukrainian. God knows I'm no fan of maomao but wanting him interned is the act of a shit

Back
Top Bottom