Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Fuck a duck.
Tragedy.
We dont know the Ukrainian death count and doubt we will any time soon

New Adam Curtis documentary on one of those significant changes

i remember this period on TV - the BBC particularly... For a little while there was regular reporting of the collapse of the rubel, and then suddenly radio silence...It was the first time I was aware of how the news just moves on. i kept thinking just at the point that the shit really hit the fan they stopped reporting....
sounds a really interesting watch

The Russians are claiming over 60,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed. You would think they would claim more than reality but possibly afraid they wouldn't be believed if it was too many more than the 5,000 or so Russian dead they've admitted to.

There's a bunch of different numbers and sources too:

Don’t think there is too much in depth accounting of losses by either side tbh . Any old figures will be quoted by social media enthusiasts.
The claim by the ‘independent Russian source ‘ is based on an ex member of the armed forces and a current member and magically is the same number as estimated by observers in the west .

The Russians are claiming over 60,000 Ukrainian soldiers killed. You would think they would claim more than reality but possibly afraid they wouldn't be believed if it was too many more than the 5,000 or so Russian dead they've admitted to.

There's a bunch of different numbers and sources too:

Russia claims to have destroyed more military hardware than Ukraine has (in some areas at least) so I don't think believability is high on their agenda.

Last edited:
Russia claims to have destroyed more military hardware than Ukraine has (in some areas at least) so I don't think believability is high on their agenda.

'Destroyed' wouldn't include the thousands of bits of Russian kit the Ukrainians have just kept.

Sky is reporting that the Russian appointed governor of Kherson has told people to evacuate to Russia, because of the daily shelling, however a Ukrainian MP claims it's actually because the Russians know that Ukraine is about to liberate the city & region.

i can well imagine the Dnipro river becoming the defacto border between the annexed land in Kherson region and sovereign ukraine

border.png

kherson.png

*that would mean Russia abandoning the claim to the town of Kherson on the north bank but based on precedent and this warning they'll probably reduce it to rubble anyway

Last edited:
i can well imagine the Dnipro river becoming the defacto border between the annexed land in Kherson region and sovereign ukraine

View attachment 347058

View attachment 347059

*that would mean Russia abandoning the claim to the town of Kherson on the north bank but based on precedent and this warning they'll probably reduce it to rubble anyway
Wot, like the russian defence line along the Oskil river ? [ie Kharkiv / Luhansk oblast border area] - that lasted a long time (not).

If you're gonna have to pay for it you may as well just nationalise it. Critical infrastructure and all that, but mostly just to wind the cunt up. Space X as well.

No compo. Or pay him in dogecoin or some other shite.
Absolutely I'd nationalise the lot but I'm not sure that the Ukrainian government would .

When I lived in Mongolia I inherited a Canadian Army parka, which I used for the duration of the time I was there. It was a truly mind blowing piece of apparel in terms of the avoidance of freezing to death. The Ukrainians have lucked right out.
They should be getting the full kit, which includes (I kid you not) a flannel shirt - the Canadian National Uniform - and a jumper.

Back
Top Bottom