Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Turnouts in the 70-80% range with that much lean towards one side are gonna have a lot of Ivan Ivanovs listed, I don't think they'll have cared all that much about what the citizenry was actually doing.

rekil

Actually, the article is saying 12 years but I am sure I read somewhere it was 5 years

It's from 4th September, and the only major agency I can see reporting it is Tass.

The more recent stuff is on various news sites, and is indeed 5 years, but not for voters. e.g Guardian quoting Podolyak

Ukraine’s authorities have said citizens helping to organise Russia’s so-called “referendums”, which concluded on Tuesday in the occupied territories, will face up to five years in prison for their role in orchestrating them.

“We have lists of names of people who have been involved in some way,” a presidential adviser, Mykhailo Podolyak, said in an interview with the Swiss newspaper Blick, adding that Ukrainians who were forced to vote would not be punished.

What do we think about the Nordstream pipeline "incident" then?

Doesn't seem to be accidental, and Russia doesn't seem to have the chops to do something on this level. So who did it?

Doesn't seem to be accidental, and Russia doesn't seem to have the chops to do something on this level. So who did it?

Not accidental at all. But why do you think that? Russia most likely candidate by far and has the capacity and has done much worse. But yes, other thread.

The NYT has published translations of intercepted calls home from Russian troops in Bucha in March.

"Dear, I really want to go home. I'm so fucking tired of being afraid of everything.They brought us to some fucking shithole. What are we fucking waiting for? To be fucking killed?"

"Mom, we haven’t seen a single fascist here … The war is based on a false pretence. No one needed it. We got here and people were living normal lives. Very well, like in Russia. And now they have to live in basements.”

"There is a forest where the division headquarters is. I walked into it and saw a sea of corpses in civilian clothing. A sea. I've never seen so many corpses in my fucking life. It's completely fucked. You can't see where they end."

The NYT has published translations of intercepted calls home from Russian troops in Bucha in March.

"Dear, I really want to go home. I'm so fucking tired of being afraid of everything.They brought us to some fucking shithole. What are we fucking waiting for? To be fucking killed?"

"Mom, we haven’t seen a single fascist here … The war is based on a false pretence. No one needed it. We got here and people were living normal lives. Very well, like in Russia. And now they have to live in basements.”

"There is a forest where the division headquarters is. I walked into it and saw a sea of corpses in civilian clothing. A sea. I've never seen so many corpses in my fucking life. It's completely fucked. You can't see where they end."

Skip the paywall here

Russian forces launched a missile attack on Dnipro last night. Three people reported killed, and five injured (as of 12.20PM ). This f**king war. :(

“They targeted residential areas. At the moment, we know od about three dead, among them one child. Five more are injured, including a 12-year-old girl. The rescuers took her out of the broken house, where she was sleeping when a Russian rocket flew in…”

Several private houses were destroyed. Rescuers continue to scout the rubble, looking for people. There is a possibility that there may still be children there. More than 60 private houses and several high-rise buildings were damaged in the city. Also, markets, buses, cars, and power lines were destroyed.

On Sept. 28, explosions were also heard in other parts of the Dnipro Oblast. Air defense forces shot down three enemy missiles over the region. Another one, unfortunately, hit Kryvyi Rih.

Russians Launch Missile Strikes on Dnipro’s Residential Areas, Child Killed - Kyiv Post - Ukraine's Global Voice

Back
Top Bottom