Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Goodness you really are just going to spend all day cranking it aren't you. I salute your indefatigability.

Would have been a lot quicker just to answer the question about why you decided to use the term “girlboss”. Which isn’t about the leader of RT. It’s about attitudes towards all women.

I did. About 3 times. It's nicked off Kylie Brakeman and The Onion. But cranks are gonna crank.

The Kazakhs were pivotal in scuppering the plans for a revised new improved Soviet Union bloc in the 90s when it all went to shit in Moscow. They are no fools and still have heft in the region at the very least due to location and physical size.

How does other people’s use of a term in a different place for a different purpose in a different context explain your use of the term in this place in this context?

How is this context different.

You should be embarrassed jumping in to join cranks in defending margarita fucking simonyan btw. I thought you'd have more sense.

You should be embarrassed jumping in to join cranks in defending margarita fucking simonyan btw. I thought you'd have more sense.

Apologies, I hesitate to imply stupidity but ... do you think people are defending Margarita Simonyan as an individual? As opposed to say, criticising the use of venom-infused tropes to attack people via their gender?

Last edited:

Because the term ”girlboss” is used as a comment on the neoliberal appropriation of feminism in order to control and redirect the movement’s successes towards the perfectibility of the self, and thus set women into competition with each other instead of standing together. That’s how that comedian is using it. What she is not doing is emphasising “girl” as a way of denigrating an individual, which is what you were doing. Your use and context could not be more diametrically opposed.

Last edited:
Because the term ”girlboss” was invented as a comment on the neoliberal appropriation of feminism in order to control and redirect the movement’s successes towards the perfectibility of the self, and thus set women into competition with each other instead of standing together. That’s how that comedian is using it. What she is not doing is emphasising “girl” as a way of denigrating an individual, which is what you were doing. Your use and context could not be more diametrically opposed.

Bullshit. If you need to be spoonfed what the onion were at here and how that relates to scum like Simonyan then I can't help you.

Either embarrass yourselves further by reporting the post or one of you start the 'Is Margarita Simonyan a girlboss or not' thread. I sincerely hope no bombed out ukrainians ever see this shit.

I doubt they'd be terribly impressed by you repeatedly using their struggle to cover for your tantrum, true enough.

Probably not. But probably much less impressed by your pathetic white knighting for someone who they might like to see hanging by her ankles, or at least face some form of justice.

Bullshit. If you need to be spoonfed what the onion were at here and how that relates to scum like Simonyan then I can't help you.

Either embarrass yourselves further by reporting the post or one of you start the 'Is Margarita Simonyan a girlboss or not' thread. I sincerely hope no bombed out ukrainians ever see this shit.

That video you posted is also mocking the neoliberal appropriation of feminist ideas. Its whole point is that merely having a woman becoming leader doesn’t make you progressive. This is a feature of feminist critique of post-feminism.

So let’s step aside from the context that others are using it, which you don’t seem to understand anyway. I return to the simple question: what did you mean by using the term? Regardless of what the Onion meant, you can answer that question for yourself. What does “girlboss” mean to you?

Answer the question. Do you think people are defending Margarita Simonyan as an individual, yes or no?

Of course you fucking are and for reasons only known to you, you're insisting on prioritising mild mockery of an awful piece of shit over all that other stuff that's happening, the carnage, political ramifications and that.

That video you posted is also mocking the neoliberal appropriation of feminist ideas. Its whole point is that merely having a woman becoming leader doesn’t make you progressive. This is a feature of feminist critique of post-feminism.

So let’s step aside from the context that others are using it, which you don’t seem to understand anyway. I return to the simple question: what did you mean by using the term? Regardless of what the Onion meant, you can answer that question for yourself. What does “girlboss” mean to you?

So you do need to be spoonfed. You're not stupid so I don't see why're incapable of grasping this at all.

Once more, because surely by now someone wants to jump in and say pack it in cunts, start that thread if you're so vexed about poor Margarita's treatment.

Back
Top Bottom