Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

It's kind of like how Trump complains that the media is slandering him when it writes down the words he said.

Berlusconi apparently believes his kindly friend Vlad was bamboozled by the wily Russian media.

"Putin was pushed by the Russian population, by his party and by his ministers to invent this special operation," he said.
"The troops were supposed to enter, reach Kyiv in a week, replace the Zelensky government with decent people and a week later come back," Mr Berlusconi added. "Instead they found an unexpected resistance, which was then fed by arms of all kinds from the West."
Perhaps he's after an invite to run Russian media?

I'm also not convinced about the Russia is down to a couple of muskets and anyone who can see straight narrative tbh , reminds me too much of the chorus about Putin's health.

The only private recording of Hitler‘s voice shows his surprise at the huge stash of tanks Stalin rolled out.

I’d be shocked if Putin doesn’t have a couple of million AK’s and untold other hardware for an old school land war.

I'd be worried about handing myself in tbh. Ukrainian soldiers aren't committing war crimes on any sort of systematic scale but I can't imagine the treatment Russian POWs are getting is exactly a vicar's tea party atm. Still a lot will feel like they have to risk it
No, I'm sure. But I wouldn't want to return to Russia anymore than I'd want to move to North Korea.

Either way it’s grim, he’s certainly taken advantage of no shows before to claim a mandate and the law of “possession is what you can bully” has protected him and given the legal fig leaf it’s all above board. But as you say he can and will just lie even if everyone rocks up in Ukrainian flags and makes it clear they said no

No, I'm sure. But I wouldn't want to return to Russia anymore than I'd want to move to North Korea.
Just to clarify, I was speaking not as myself but from the point of view that if I was a conscripted Russian piece of cannon fodder, I wouldn't want to return. Not being Russian, I personally couldn't 'return' there even if I wanted to.

Just to clarify, I was speaking not as myself but from the point of view that if I was a conscripted Russian piece of cannon fodder, I wouldn't want to return. Not being Russian, I personally couldn't 'return' there even if I wanted to.
Say in this role play that you had family , children and community in Russia That you have average qualifications , don’t speak another language etc ?

But he would anyway. At least this way round gives Ukraine the quite reasonable option of saying every no show was a no thank you.

Heh. That doesn't even work in the democratic west. (Add your own punchline.)

I assume the Russian authorities wil just straight up lie saying it was a 96.3% vote in favour. Even if no one turns up at an actual polling station. Oh voting was available it was online / at community hubs / knocks on the door, due to the damage and threat from the Banderites etc.

I’d be shocked if Putin doesn’t have a couple of million AK’s and untold other hardware for an old school land war.
Even if he does, he still has to get all that stuff into the battle, in the hands of people who know how to use it, who all need feeding and watering. With NATO air/space intelligence, every supply train and depot is known, and HIMARS can reach them. Russia has been losing the war by logistics and will continue to do so.

This Ukrainian guy says his family in Ukraine were forced to vote at gunpoint. 😡
Maksym Eristavi
it seems bizarre for russians cosplaying a “referendum” at gunpoint. but then i remember they did it in 2014 crimea (forcing my aunts to vote, too) and many abroad ate that shit up no questions asked.

The spiv nonce camicia nera Berlusconi backs barbarian Putin regime

I know I've said this before, but it's uncanny

tumblr_inline_oslcfdhB3s1t1bqu1_500.png

Yes, there is that. I just feel desperately sorry for everyone whose lives have been so pointlessly wasted on this entire misadventure.
That is a thought I also find myself returning to very frequently. It is good to see the victim of Russia's unprovoked aggression fighting back, but the sheer waste of lives, just so Putin can pursue his despotic agenda, is depressing.

The only private recording of Hitler‘s voice shows his surprise at the huge stash of tanks Stalin rolled out.

If he has these aks it makes it all the more confusing that the russians have handed out auld bolt operated rifles to lots of their cannon fodder

Right, so loads of conscripts are being sent to the frontlines on the Russian side. They are going to have desertion and mutiny problems, aren't they... I remember seeing viral footage of mutinies back in March. More Russians in the Ukrainian International legion.

Back
Top Bottom