Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

The regional security body, which numbers Russia and Ukraine among its 57 members, said the charges were "fabricated" and that the men had been punished for performing their official duties.

you know i have to go quite a long way down my list of "things the government shouldn't prioritise over PIP/DLA" before i get to "preventing Ukrainians getting bombed, shot, raped and forcibly deported" . but hey ho - each to their own.
Tbh I doubt the government prioritises "preventing Ukranians getting bombed, shot, raped and forcibly deported" tbh. It might be a nice side effect of some of today's announcements but I can't see that the party that has overseen the massive reduction in disability benefits and been complicit in war crimes in Yemen and elsewhere is full of great humanitarians.

Tbh I doubt the government prioritises "preventing Ukranians getting bombed, shot, raped and forcibly deported" tbh. It might be a nice side effect of some of today's announcements but I can't see that the party that has overseen the massive reduction in disability benefits and been complicit in war crimes in Yemen and elsewhere is full of great humanitarians.

well for sure. but that is the effect of sending arms and other aid to ukraine. My point was to highlight that it was rather ... strange .. to focus on that out of all the things to criticise what the government was or wasn't spending money on.

well for sure. but that is the effect of sending arms and other aid to ukraine. My point was to highlight that it was rather ... strange .. to focus on that out of all the things to criticise what the government was or wasn't spending money on.
There's nothing "strange" about it.It is just a matter of what does or does not have an impact on the individual according to his or her life experiences.

Almost 2 hours late now. :hmm:

"postponed" :

Margarita Simonyan, the editor of the state-run RT outlet, has written on Twitter telling users to "go to bed".

Other pro-Kremlin bloggers have also posted similar messages on the Telegram social media app.

The speech had been trailed by state media earlier on Tuesday, and Putin was expected to speak about planned annexation referendums announced by Russian-proxy officials in occupied Ukraine.

Apart from when they destroyed virtually an entire airbase of airplanes in Crimea with missiles.
That was an odd one, neither side admitted what had happened at the time. I see Ukraine have taken credit now though at the time they were relying on some plausible deniability that it could have been a partisan attack. And the reason Russia didn't admit it was because they couldn't be seen not retaliating to an attack so far onto Russian soil.

looks like (another) desperate ploy by voldemort to drum up support for the war. Claiming these areas are Russian he will maybe call a full mobilisation and do some more nuclear sabre rattling. My feeling is its pissing in the wind bollocks that nobody who isn't already a full on-putinoid will accept and will have little or no effect. Except maybe bring the day when its his turn to fall out of a window/get strung up that little bit closer.

I was thinking only the other day that he seemed to have made a quick recovery from all those serious health issues that were posted up on here

There’s been a lot of speculation with next to no evidence. Various types of cancer, steroid abuse, Parkinsons etc. We’ll probably never find out. Fingers crossed tho.

There’s been a lot of speculation with next to no evidence. Various types of cancer, steroid abuse, Parkinsons etc. We’ll probably never find out. Fingers crossed tho.
There's been evidence from his puffy face (now recovered) that he's been on some sort of medication. Who knows what and why.

Back
Top Bottom