Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Just started listening so not heard it but here's an interview with a trans woman fighting in Ukraine

Episode 27: Sarah Ashton on the Situation in Kharkiv and Being "Trans at the Front". Episode: Episode 27: Sarah Ashton on the Situation in Kharkiv and Being "Trans at the Front" Podcast Republic . Media: https://anchor.fm/s/3ca9dcec/podcast/play/55655634/https://d3ctxlq1ktw2nl.cloudfront.net/staging/2022-7-2/279163144-44100-2-ee3be7a870067.m4a . -- Sent from Podcast Republic.

Thanks frogwoman! That's a very good listen. She definitely raises some things worthy of further discussion, and not convinced by all her positions or use of language, but very interesting.

I haven't listened to more than the first 5 minutes of her interview tbh but very interesting. I know what you mean.
LDC don't think I really agree with the 'yes all russians' stuff tbh. I argued against it with Israel, it might be true but I don't think its really helpful at all. The whole interview is interesting tho

LDC don't think I really agree with the 'yes all russians' stuff tbh. I argued against it with Israel, it might be true but I don't think its really helpful at all. The whole interview is interesting tho

Yeah, same. All the 'orcs' etc. stuff is a bit grim, although can see why it happens with people there in the middle of it. There are some complex discussions about support for the war and anti-Ukrainian sentiments in the Russian population though as well, etc.

Yeah, same. All the 'orcs' etc. stuff is a bit grim, although can see why it happens with people there in the middle of it. There are some complex discussions about support for the war and anti-Ukrainian sentiments in the Russian population though as well, etc.
Not an excuse but yeah the longer the war goes on the more you're going to hear sentiments like that sadly:(

Not an excuse but yeah the longer the war goes on the more you're going to hear sentiments like that sadly:(
It is probably quite hard to shoot people, blow them into small pieces or set fire to them, even if they have invaded your country and are killing your friends, family and neighbours, unless you dehumanise them a little. Another reason whilst war is not glorious however welll justified.

This article from inside Kherson is horrific. Mobile crematoriums to not just burn Ukrainians but also their own troops to hide their losses.

She was Ukrainian but defected because of the resurgence of Azov and Fascism. The actual quote was she enjoyed killing fascists.
To show how bitter the Ukros directed a typically inaccurate artillery attack at the building where the memorial service was held.
I really struggle how members post quotes from the Daily Fail without question.
Anyone who actively enjoys killing human beings - no matter how repulsive their ideology - really is something of a concern.

This article from inside Kherson is horrific. Mobile crematoriums to not just burn Ukrainians but also their own troops to hide their losses.

The Germans used to just leave thousands of Russians to rot, dead in the street.

The Russians are better than the Nazis, because at least they clean up a bit by burning the dead.

WTF?

The Germans used to just leave thousands of Russians to rot, dead in the street.

Russian accounted for 76 percent of the military casualties suffered by the Germans in world war 2

guess a lot more dead Germans where left to rot than russians

She was Ukrainian but defected because of the resurgence of Azov and Fascism. The actual quote was she enjoyed killing fascists.
To show how bitter the Ukros directed a typically inaccurate artillery attack at the building where the memorial service was held.
I really struggle how members post quotes from the Daily Fail without question.
she enjoys killing Ukrainian "fascists" - but is cool with the Russian ones. fuck her. and fuck anyone defending her tbh.

what happens to Ukraine, well it get fucked

what proper fucked, yes Tommy

before zee Germans get here

More concerned that Europe's largest nuclear plant is on the frontline of a warzone.
Ukr refusing to allow access to safety inspections as it gives Russia legitimatecy
Its not just the plant that is vulnerable to incoming fire, it sits on a lake supported by crumbling Soviet era hydroelectric dams which provides water for cooling the reactors. Either side could destroy these.

More concerned that Europe's largest nuclear plant is on the frontline of a warzone.
Ukr refusing to allow access to safety inspections as it gives Russia legitimatecy
Its not just the plant that is vulnerable to incoming fire, it sits on a lake supported by crumbling Soviet era hydroelectric dams which provides water for cooling the reactors. Either side could destroy these.
It could all be solved if Russia would just fuck off.

Reporting from the middle of the Zaporizhzhia war zone is a bit thin and contradictory, but the NYT sheds a little more light on Ukraine's claims.

But Ukraine insisted Russia was to blame. During a national television call-in program on Sunday, the head of Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia regional military administration, Oleksandr Starukh, said that there was only a three-second delay between the firing and the landing of each shell — evidence, he said, that the attack had come from Russian forces nearby.

...A spokesman for Ukraine’s intelligence directorate, Andrei Yusov, said that Russia was shelling the Zaporizhzhia site to destroy infrastructure and to damage power lines that supply electricity to Ukraine’s national grid and, ultimately, to cut power in the country’s south. There was no independent confirmation of his assertion. Mr. Yusov said on Telegram that Russian forces had also laid mines at the plant’s power units.

...Ukraine has also accused Russia of setting off explosions at the plant in order to unnerve Ukraine’s European allies about nuclear safety and perhaps discourage them from arming Ukraine further.

...The Russian occupation of the plant has put its employees under great pressure, according to Energoatom, as Russian forces hunting for saboteurs have subjected them to harsh interrogations that have included torture with electrical shocks, Ukrainian officials assert. The exiled mayor of the nearby city of Enerhodar, Dmytro Orlov, has said that some workers have disappeared and that at least one was killed.

The acute stress, Ukrainian officials warn, makes it likelier that employees will commit some error that could lead to an accident.

The reports of Russian shelling of the nuclear plant do not seem to make sense.
The Russians are in control of the plant and surrounding areas. They have moved troops and equipment there.
Then shelled the plant? Really?
Not like Russia to shell territory they already occupy for reasons of propaganda, is it 🧐

Back
Top Bottom