Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Hi! I've been engaged in sports shooting for ages. That's why from time to time, I browse thematic websites. Recently, my attention has been drawn to the fact that now it is possible to safely purchase weapons from private owners via the internet without official documents in Ukraine. Don't you think that we should revise the endless support of Europe for the alleged support of the Ukrainian people? In my opinion, in this way, people worsen the situation in Ukraine. Do the authorities have any control over the circulation of weapons at all?
If you've got any websites where I can buy weapons for the Ukrainians can I have the links please? So far all I've done is send cash and the people I send it to keep insisting on using it to buy shit like food, medicines and blankets.

In his excellent novel DuBois looked at this scenario. It’s an alternate history set 30 or so years after the Cuban Missile crisis turned hot. Basically the USSR was woefully shit and only a few weapons got through to America whilst the Americans turned Russia into a glowing car park.

However it still left the world massively damaged, America still devastated as a trading country and an international pariah. Massive collateral damage elsewhere. But Europe, China and Africa along with the rest of the world still working.

But it’s very different from most apocalyptic books, and also a good thriller and good read. Deserves to be better known.

Other booksellers are available.

Last edited:
In terms of Russian submarine based nuclear weapons; I suspect the crews of the Astute, Rubis Los Angeles and Virginia boats have been a bit busy recently and not playing much cricket / baseball on the artic ice.

Last edited:
Hi! I've been engaged in sports shooting for ages. That's why from time to time, I browse thematic websites. Recently, my attention has been drawn to the fact that now it is possible to safely purchase weapons from private owners via the internet without official documents in Ukraine. Don't you think that we should revise the endless support of Europe for the alleged support of the Ukrainian people? In my opinion, in this way, people worsen the situation in Ukraine. Do the authorities have any control over the circulation of weapons at all?
Don't spoil our fun. I just ordered a M-777 howitzer from Stefan in the secret Telegram group. Due to bitcoin tanking though I can't afford much ammo at the moment.

What sports do you shoot at?

I'm hoping to target our rugby stadium as it causes chaos in town every time they play a game.

Last edited:
Don't spoil our fun. I jut ordered a M-777 howitzer from Stefan in the secret Telegram group. Due to bitcoin tanking though I can't afford much ammo at the moment.

I'm hoping to target our rugby stadium as it causes chaos in town every time they play a game.
isn't your local golf course filled with bunkers? ours certainly is

All their fucking bluster, Russia doesn’t have a working nuclear deterrent.
The deterrent evidently works. The degree to which the arsenal works is debatable.
And being as from a quick google Russia doesn't seem to have done any nuclear tests since before I took my a levels it's quite possible nothing works. But do you feel lucky?
Your quick googling must be missing the phrase that pays. There is evidence they have been conducting low yield tests over the last 30 years (see eg p. 321 and references) and clear indications of such even in press reports. Their own interpretation of the CTBT permits such.
best case scenario you're looking at hundreds of millions dead and decades of misery for billions. Even if only a hundred of their nukes worked.
It's a crap shoot, highly dependent on the targeting and yield selections modulated by the fail pattern and MIRV loading. The spread in scenarios is wide; it is possible that it could be significantly less than that.

Deterrent working; "If we declare war it'd involve a very comprehensive military defeat, probably entail bombing Russia itself to end its arms production and likely regime change, so you might actually use that nuclear stockpile and then we're all fucked."
Deterrent not working: "We don't reckon you're willing to start world war three over arms provision to Ukraine."

27th April Russia states that any nation supplying weapons to Ukraine will face nuclear consequences.

28th April:
ah but they didn't say when these consequences might be faced. might be next week. might be the 14th of august 2023.

27th April Russia states that any nation supplying weapons to Ukraine will face nuclear consequences.

28th April:
Nuclear deterrence operates between nuclear armed states. Conventionally armed combatants, whether proxies or not, have rarely been deterred from even directly engaging some of the "big five" over the years.

The spread in scenarios is wide; it is possible that it could be significantly less than that.
Significantly less = tens of millions? Is that alright with everyone then? It could also be significantly more couldn't it?

Loving the way I get a warning for calling out someone on wanting millions dead. Obviously swearing is much worse than that.

Don't spoil our fun. I just ordered a M-777 howitzer from Stefan in the secret Telegram group. Due to bitcoin tanking though I can't afford much ammo at the moment.

is it league or union?

Last edited:
FT reports that McDonald's is selling its Russian operation, facing a loss of £1.4 billion
It's been paying its 62,000 workers since the invasion and wants someone else to take over the responsibility, saying its continued presence in the country is not consistent with McDonald's values and it can no longer keep those arches shining.
Not a massive surprise.

FT reports that McDonald's is selling its Russian operation, facing a loss of £1.4 billion
It's been paying its 62,000 workers since the invasion and wants someone else to take over the responsibility, saying its continued presence in the country is not consistent with McDonald's values and it can no longer keep those arches shining.
Not a massive surprise.

Gutted for the workers. I hear there are opening in the army though.

Nuclear deterrence operates between nuclear armed states. Conventionally armed combatants, whether proxies or not, have rarely been deterred from even directly engaging some of the "big five" over the years.
The Dreadnought race at the start of the last century was an exercise in deterrence and we all know how well that turned out. And, not to forget the poor fuckers on both sides who died horribly at Jutland, for all the money spent and ingenuity spent, those weapons didn't have much of an effect on the conflict.

The Dreadnought race at the start of the last century was an exercise in deterrence and we all know how well that turned out. And, not to forget the poor fuckers on both sides who died horribly at Jutland, for all the money spent and ingenuity spent, those weapons didn't have much of an effect on the conflict.
not to mention the falklands

don't you think the naval blockade of germany had much effect on the war? Blockade of Germany

Not a massive surprise.

McDonalds value base is well known for its principled consistency in not operating in countries that invade others

Back
Top Bottom