Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Strange story here- says that Ukraine is using face recognition tech to identify dead Russian soldiers and inform their relatives of what has happened to them.

Strange story here- says that Ukraine is using face recognition tech to identify dead Russian soldiers and inform their relatives of what has happened to them.

Not sure it's that new or ground breaking, DNA and photos have been used for a while for this the dead, prisoners, and others. Plus their phones etc usually have their data sucked out of them as well at the same time.

I don't understand what Putin plans to do with the place. He wants Ukraine to be Russian but it looks like his forces are trying to turn it into a wasteland.

This probably wasn't plan A but taking Ukrainian cities while they remain standing seems to be off the table, and backing down and fucking off home is not an option for a regime built on a myth of national exceptionalism and limitless strength. So this is what is left. If I can't have it nobody can. At least the rubble will make some nice hardcore for the new road to Sevastopol.

I don't understand what Putin plans to do with the place. He wants Ukraine to be Russian but it looks like his forces are trying to turn it into a wasteland.

the historian in me says that he wants it whatever to satisfy the eternal need for mother russia to have security of its borders, even if it resembles an abandoned scottish new town from the 70s . but that's probably far too simple

the historian in me says that he wants it whatever to satisfy the eternal need for mother russia to have security of its borders, even if it resembles an abandoned scottish new town from the 70s . but that's probably far too simple
Yeah. He seems too egotistaical to back down. I agree with this:
This probably wasn't plan A but taking Ukrainian cities while they remain standing seems to be off the table, and backing down and fucking off home is not an option for a regime built on a myth of national exceptionalism and limitless strength. So this is what is left. If I can't have it nobody can. At least the rubble will make some nice hardcore for the new road to Sevastopol.

Back
Top Bottom