Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

The US possibly moving with one eye on capability to defend the Bosporus:

Doubt that, a lot - the Turks can defend the Bosphorus with ease, even against a force vastly superior to the one the Russians have (in the Med and the Black Sea combined). It would also be an attack on a NATO state, and one of the two NATO states that Russia gets on best with and which hasn't taken part in sanctions against it at that.

Russian civil service is renowned for its open , speak to as many journalists as possible no blame culture. Although
To be fair, though, journalists everywhere cultivate contacts who will willingly give off-the-record briefings or full on whistleblow. But of course the difference would be the potential repercussions in the event the source is identified.

Threads was fucking bleak to watch even before all this kicked off. If you are in any way super anxious about the prospect of nuclear war, then I would give it a miss. It will do nothing for your anxiety; it'll just make things worse.
I would advise against watching Threads, the world is bleak enough as it is at the moment.
Plus, the location where the nuclear device is detonated that causes the primary damage in the film is only 1.5 miles from our house!

Last edited:
time they remade it with a cheerier ending imo

was watching a review of it on youtube and it was comparied to a american made movie that came out a year eariler the day after

may watch threads as its avalable on the internet archive for free but maybe the bleak ending has a better effect

guess the idea that no body wins in a nuke fight is a better message
like watching the road

The woman on the left looks like Jodie Comer who plays assassin Villanelle in the series Killing Eve, a chameleon like character who disguises herself to infiltrate situations and kill her targets in inventive ways and a certain amount of panache.
I am familiar with the series. I already said I was talking about the text in the post, not the picture.

Threads was fucking bleak to watch even before all this kicked off. If you are in any way super anxious about the prospect of nuclear war, then I would give it a miss. It will do nothing for your anxiety; it'll just make things worse.
I strongly agree

Whose job would it be to tell Putin that things are not going splendidly to plan with the special military operation ?
Maybe he hasn't got much of an idea what's going on (with the convoy and so on) because who would choose to knock on the door of the bunker and tell him not me.

Whose job would it be to tell Putin that things are not going splendidly to plan with the special military operation ?
Maybe he hasn't got much of an idea what's going on (with the convoy and so on) because who would choose to knock on the door of the bunker and tell him not me.
Write to him c/o the Kremlin, red sq, Russia, so he has no excuses not to know. Stamp it private and confidential so no one else opens it before him

Truss gets another slap down.

So within a week she has ratcheted up nuclear tensions with Russia and then encouraged thousands of Brits to go and do something which turns out to be illegal?

I can see why she’s spoken of as one of the front runners to replace Boris. :facepalm:

To be fair, though, journalists everywhere cultivate contacts who will willingly give off-the-record briefings or full on whistleblow. But of course the difference would be the potential repercussions in the event the source is identified.
Absolutely. I’m just trying to inject a bit of healthy scepticism about some of these posts

Back
Top Bottom