Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

here you go again more than likely Daily Hail link and premoting anything that comes out of that ballbags mouth
On the left thread I did say: ('awaits the predicable 'Hitchens is a cunt' blah blah'...)

I haven't derailed or sabotaged it at all. If you are as concerned about the thread as you profess to be, you'll leave it now
So I post up a link and a comment. People jump on it with the usual predictable insults (derailing), and I'm the one who should leave the thread?

here you go again more than likely Daily Hail link and premoting anything that comes out of that ballbags mouth
It isn't the DMs line by the way. They agree with most of you on this. Hitchens is an outlier.

So I post up a link and a comment. People jump on it with the usual predictable insults (derailing), and I'm the one who should leave the thread?
You're not even pretending this adds value to the thread. So for the love of all that's bright and beautiful and worthwhile in the world will you not just piss off this thread and let people who have useful things to say carry on without your bullshit?

We don’t appear to have had the quote (Attributed to almost every military leader and writer) that.

‘Amateurs talk tactics whilst professionals talk logistics’. And with, a couple of exceptions, we are all amateurs on here. I thought it was better put in one of the tweets upthread. Everyone wants to talk about tanks, but what they should talk about is lorries… Looks like the Ukrainian planners might be professionals.

Last edited:
You're not even pretending this adds value to the thread. So for the love of all that's bright and beautiful and worthwhile in the world will you not just piss off this thread and let people who have useful things to say carry on without your bullshit?
'Useful things to sa'y only equals pro-war views or handwringing fence-sitting?

Is there no room for the occasional anti-war voice?

Obviously can take this with a massive pinch of salt, but according to Ukraine, Russia has lost 11,000 soldiers in the first 11 days.

I'm sure this is exaggerated, but if true, Russia is in 11 days quite close to approaching the number of casualties the USSR suffered in 10 years in Afghanistan (14,500). Gives you some sense of the scale, and as Russia is a much smaller population than the Soviet Union, the loss to Russian society is proportionately much higher too.

They have already lost more tanks than they lost in Afghanistan too, which does certainly seem plausible.

Afghanistan they lost 147 tanks and 451 aircraft, of which 333 helicopters.

According to Ukraine, they have lost 285 tanks, 44 aircraft and 48 helicopters. From the videos going around, it certainly seems plausible that they have lost more tanks than they did in Afghanistan. Not as many aircraft, but already around a quarter of the way there in little over a week.

I don't know - I see a three horse race:

1) Russian artillery mass pummelling Ukrainian cities to appoint where Ukraine surrenders.

2) The Russian Army in Ukraine literally running out of food and fuel, and walking home.

3) the Russian economy tanking/the internal politics in the Kremlin forcing a climb-down or a coup.

It's whether 2 or 3 get to the line before 1.

yep agree - about as good a summary of the situation and where its going as ive seen. thanks. And scenario 2 may help trigger scenario 3.

yep agree - about as good a summary of the situation and where its going as ive seen. thanks. And scenario 2 may help trigger scenario 3.

2 leads to 3, almost inevitably. The main variable is how much shelling Kyiv can withstand without surrendering. Dubious that the Russians would use even a small nuke against it and hope not be proved wrong

Back
Top Bottom