Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Pretty sure it doesn't. Don't know what the previous comment about the chair was either.
Tweet has been deleted but you can see the video at the end of this clip.

Those mics are waaaaay out in front. Looks funny because you expect them to be close up personal mics not ambient ones.

Pretty sure it does.

Saw the video yesterday and plenty have "analysed" the crap photoshop job.

Eta. It goes through the mike on left.

Have a closer look.

Looks like a Mk1 Brezhnev-era UAZ-452, last manufactured before I was born.

If it is what you think it looks like - they've been building updated ones under a new number since at least 2018. And, like bimble 's Jimmy, they are 4x4.

Yeah, maybe it's a shit van. But again this reads as hohoho let's laugh at Russian incompetence while millions flee that incompetence (the fools! what are they scared of!) and thousands remain underground avoiding that incompetence (the cowards!) and others die at the hands of that incompetence.

But let's have a giggle anyway.

I've picked out what I thought were some choice cuts from that supposed FSB leak, as translated by that racecar driver (the wonderful modern world!):

Fascinating historical parallel with the 1905 Russo-Japanese war when Imperial Russia was humiliated by the new Japanese navy (from a country that had been isolated and largely pre-industrial 60 years prior).

Of course! With the straits closed, Russia has to resupply their forces in Syria by air but this guy thinks that is too big of a challenge. Raises the prospect of Russian collapse in Syria, the fall of Assad, then who knows what next there...

Ground already being prepared for a nuclear strike on Ukraine, supposedly.

On the logistics front...

It appears as if the Russians are looking to reinforce their logistics capacity by sending in farm trucks, minibuses, and the odd people carrier.

It says two things (assuming, of course, that it's true) a) that shit has gone badly wrong, and b) that whoever thought this was a good idea has not considered how a deployed army might possibly keep this rag-tag fleet usable.

One shot wonder - use it, and as soon as it breaks just push it off the road?

"But is it a technical?"

If it is what you think it looks like - they've been building updated ones under a new number since at least 2018. And, like bimble 's Jimmy, they are 4x4.

Yeah, maybe it's a shit van. But again this reads as hohoho let's laugh at Russian incompetence while millions flee that incompetence (the fools! what are they scared of!) and thousands remain underground avoiding that incompetence (the cowards!) and others die at the hands of that incompetence.

Not at all what I feel, doubt anybody does.

Don’t think it’s camera trickery, the audience likely subjected to the 2 week isolation & poo samples he’s required of everyone he allows near him for the past 2 years. The generals and Macron couldn’t be subjected to that but cabin crew could.

🙄

Its 100% photoshopped.

An interesting tweet - and an addition to Pickman's model's suggestion of reading through the TRADOC (US Army Training and Doctrine Command) library on what's happening in Ukraine.

There was another tweet in that thread that showed two tables with assessments of capability/readiness for Ukraine and Russian forces. I can't share link, because the Twitter app is annoying and won't let me copy and paste the url, but here's the link to the source material, which provides an interesting comparison and analysis.

🙄

Its 100% photoshopped.
Been done yesterday, i disagree, doesn’t really matter though.

ATOMIC SUPLEX

Watch it in slow motion.

Don't see it. I think it may have been an artifact of the low Res image in the tweet.
Those microphones are waaaaay further back than they look, his chair is small, the lighting is plain and the depth of field is wide making the image look flat. His hand behind the microphone would possibly mildly distort the image. . . . There is also no real reason to do this.

Even the original poster of the lower resolution tweet seems to agree and has deleted it.

look a few post up from this we have another poster full of existensial dread about the posibility of nuclear war

seeming as must of us cannot do much more than speculate and watching it unfold

have a giggle about some monior elements can be an easy way of dealing with some of the realities

not meaning any nasty about it been a shite van

See, I absolutely get what you're saying, that while it's fucking hilarious that Russia is mobilising Mr Whippee, they are using regiments of MLRS with HE and sub-munition warheads to level residential areas that are full of civs. It's true, for all the memes and the shit-posting, there are people going through utter hell, and huge numbers killed.

That said, there's a real stench of the wheels having come off, of wild desperation about some of the Russian stuff. Some of this logistics stuff looks, to me like the German 6th Army at Stalingrad - trying to fly in hay for horses in bombers and the like.

See, I absolutely get what you're saying, that while it's fucking hilarious that Russia is mobilising Mr Whippee, they are using regiments of MLRS with HE and sub-munition warheads to level residential areas that are full of civs. It's true, for all the memes and the shit-posting, there are people going through utter hell, and huge numbers killed.

That said, there's a real stench of the wheels having come off, of wild desperation about some of the Russian stuff. Some of this logistics stuff looks, to me like the German 6th Army at Stalingrad - trying to fly in hay for horses in bombers and the like.
If you're to believe the prime minister it worked at stalingrad

He was not there ...
He was not sat at a table with air stewardesses.

No significance other than the fact Putin is still in his lair in the Urals.

Dont let it distract from the thread.
OK, I get it now.

TBH, there's quite a lot of stuff here which I personally am finding a bit of a distraction and which I think would be better posted on other threads, but I suppose it wouldn't be Urban if at least some people didn't post any old shit, however tangentially connected, on a thread like this (not directed at you, more a general observation...)

This bit is terrifying.

"real global horror will begin by the summer - global famine is inevitable
Most of the worlds grain comes from Ukraine and Russia."
I think as we come out of this pandemic we were going to be in shit anyway so a war was the last thing we needed all these sanctions less crops even what has happened so far surely has to affect all of us
We still are struggling to replace farm workers to deal with our own crops after Brexit and those that returned home because of Covid too , manufacturing cant get parts already because of Covid so its all worrying
Perhaps Putins own domestic issues because of the pandemic have brought what he was probably going to do later forward too , its what some were saying may happen
I really don't go with the idea Putin only had 1 plan , that has failed and Russia hadn't thought this through at all there are some supposedly experts saying some very worrying things were likely to happen even before this

Back
Top Bottom