Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

It's already been debunked. Probably a weird rendering error or something.

Although I did like Zelenskyy's news conference yesterday when he deliberately went out of his way to adjust the microphone at the end of the transmission.

The video was called out yesterday.

Putin isnt going within 25 feet of anyone. Its done for the Russian home crowd.

I'll leave it at that.
OK, I get it now.

TBH, there's quite a lot of stuff here which I personally am finding a bit of a distraction and which I think would be better posted on other threads, but I suppose it wouldn't be Urban if at least some people didn't post any old shit, however tangentially connected, on a thread like this (not directed at you, more a general observation...)
Then why direct it at me?

😳

This bit is terrifying.

"real global horror will begin by the summer - global famine is inevitable
Most of the worlds grain comes from Ukraine and Russia."
Er that's bollocks. 25.4% in 2019 both Russia and Ukraine (Al Jazeera, having trouble copying to here on phone). The greater concern is where Ukrainian food goes, the middle East and parts of Africa, eg 55% of Lebanon's grain. Please fucking Google before uncritically accepting claims like that.

The real horror is this will cause hunger, not globally but as I have said repeatedly on this thread in already unstable parts of the world. That's really awful anyway and something the EU and NATO and UN ought to be working to mitigate

If your spending time arguing if Putins hand did or didn’t go through a microphone when he was chatting to horrified unemployed air stewardesses it might be time to log off and walk the dog or yourself for a bit.

Well...it is part of this shitty war..Russian propoganda.

I didnt post the initial video link. That was posted by kebabking and quoted by Cid who said they could do a better photoshop job on it.

I'm off to borrow the neighbours dog.

Er that's bollocks. 25.4% in 2019 both Russia and Ukraine (Al Jazeera, having trouble copying to here on phone). The greater concern is where Ukrainian food goes, the middle East and parts of Africa, eg 55% of Lebanon's grain. Please fucking Google before uncritically accepting claims like that.

The real horror is this will cause hunger, not globally but as I have said repeatedly on this thread in already unstable parts of the world. That's really awful anyway and something the EU and NATO and UN ought to be working to mitigate

Best tell the Russian FSB whistleblower then.
It is part of the quoted post below.

From
This FSB letter is quite a read. I’m not sure who it’s written to, but it goes into detail about how bad things are for the Russians.

A slightly sketchy translation of the letter itself, which I picked up from the replies to this tweet i

Looks more like a digital artefact. Look how unclear the definition is on the various shades in his hand I
(and the stand). If you were overlaying some microphones to make it look like there was something in front of him, it would be harder to achieve this effect than not. . . . in fact, in front or behind would be incredibly simple, you would not be going through drawing the shots frame by frame (on a static image as well) and then accidentally miss half of one frame/field.

Fucking childish, adventuring, knobs.

Maybe, but Ukraine has asked for people to go there and fight and these people are responding. There is an application process via the embassies - I’m sure those with no experience etc will not be permitted, and if Ukraine want to filter out applicants who they think are knobs they can do so, but I doubt they will care about motivations too much.

Maybe, but Ukraine has asked for people to go there and fight and these people are responding. There is an application process via the embassies - I’m sure those with no experience etc will not be permitted, and if Ukraine want to filter out applicants who they think are knobs they can do so, but I doubt they will care about motivations too much.
They ought to, to weed out the Walter Mitty not to mention the Robert Hargreaves (Sweeney reference for the ignorant) who apply

This says that about half of the foreign volunteers registered so far are ex forces.

UK massively overrepresented if this is right
"A Ukrainian involved in the recruitment process from London said that by Thursday 16,000 foreigners had registered an interest in joining up from Europe and America, among them 6,000 in Britain."

No idea how much use they’ll be to anyone.

Yes I know, I was just being hilarious .

Looks a bit funny, but potentially the distance between the desk holding the mics in front and long depth of field could be making that look deceptively flat and odd looking. The camera filming would probably been quite a distance away and zoomed in somewhat so that might be all it is. The lighting on the outside of the mic that makes it look cut out in the low Res Twitter image is in keeping with the light on all the people in video. Again this does make it look odd, but personally I would give it the benefit of the doubt, as it's not really the biggest issue and not much really hinges on the outcome one way or another. Putin is still obviously a bit mental, or playing a wild card character to keep people guessing and uncomfortable.
Good to hear your opinion, thank you.

I really don't go with the idea Putin only had 1 plan , that has failed and Russia hadn't thought this through at all there are some supposedly experts saying some very worrying things were likely to happen even before this
He might not have had a plan B beforehand but has one now as evidenced by the change of propaganda over Ukrainian nuclear threat. The thing about military operations is there is a universal standard and it's by these army expeditions and planning can be judged. Things like supply lines, keeping adequately supplied, reinforcements, evaluating your capabilities and employing your forces accordingly are true of any military operation. It's textbook. And aside from this is the fact that Russia has a history of a square peg round hole approach to warfare. When people are critical of the Russian effort and are claiming that things aren't going well, it's important to understand that is in scope. Putin could level the whole country if he wants and "win" but that doesn't mean the Russians did not fail at certain things, fundamental things.

I put this on the 'left response' (!) thread, but fits right in here as well.

It's a disgrace when Peter Hitchens gets it more right than the lefties.

There'll be people with Ukrainian backgrounds who go there; fair enough. But a lot of these dicks will be ex-forces and Walter Mitty types who who our armed forces probably didn't want. Adventuring wankers, and I've as much contempt for them as I have the Russians. More in fact. Most of the Russian kids probably don't want to be there.

I think as we come out of this pandemic we were going to be in shit anyway so a war was the last thing we needed all these sanctions less crops even what has happened so far surely has to affect all of us
We still are struggling to replace farm workers to deal with our own crops after Brexit and those that returned home because of Covid too , manufacturing cant get parts already because of Covid so its all worrying
Perhaps Putins own domestic issues because of the pandemic have brought what he was probably going to do later forward too , its what some were saying may happen
I really don't go with the idea Putin only had 1 plan , that has failed and Russia hadn't thought this through at all there are some supposedly experts saying some very worrying things were likely to happen even before this
I DO think its fair to say things can't have gone as Putin planned, but it is how quickly he can react to the reality of the moves on the board. And I don't think he is, quite. That Siberina tran of decent kit should show up soon (though weakens his Eastern flank, clearly feals he has an understanding with the Chinese. Be interesting to know whats going on with Gas prices in the former Soviets, If they were rioting in Kasakstan over paying market rate in January.....And he didn't declare Martail law the other day as many speculated he might do. Russian state forces may find them selves a spread a bit thin in coming days. Who knows, Lukashenko might even get that colonel of the Russian Army gig he asked for. Belarus that might be what you call a special military operation but Ukraine is definitely a war.

I put this on the 'left response' (!) thread, but fits right in here as well.

It's a disgrace when Peter Hitchens gets it more right than the lefties.

As I said on the left response thread you give us plenty of blah and try to palm off the cuntitude onto poor Peter hitchens. He doesn't deserve that, not being the cunt here. You on the other hand...

Back
Top Bottom