Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

This FSB letter is quite a read. I’m not sure who it’s written to, but it goes into detail about how bad things are for the Russians.

A slightly sketchy translation of the letter itself, which I picked up from the replies to this tweet is is here

Full letter is here in this long thread. Lots of good bits including some blindingly obvious questions I’d not thought of before all of which he says Russia has no answers to.

Last edited:
I have never in my life felt this strongly about killing someone - even Bin Laden I thought they should have kept alive and put through trial, but Putin is literally threatening to destroy civilisation as we know it and kill millions of people. He had no issues poisoning dissidents in the past and I now believe he would use his nuclear weapons if he felt he had no way out. If I had it in my power I'd kill him. I really hope that, behind the scenes, this is being considered. Perhaps, hopefully, by Russian people in the Kremlin.

I'm just putin it out there ;). Maybe the universe will listen and provide :p

I have never in my life felt this strongly about killing someone - even Bin Laden I thought they should have kept alive and put through trial, but Putin is literally threatening to destroy civilisation as we know it and kill millions of people. He had no issues poisoning dissidents in the past and I now believe he would use his nuclear weapons if he felt he had no way out. If I had it in my power I'd kill him. I really hope that, behind the scenes, this is being considered. Perhaps, hopefully, by Russian people in the Kremlin.

Beware the Ides of March, Caesar was forewarned.
A week on Tuesday about teatime.
ETA: Though this would possibly cause a long, bloody, brutal civil war if History tells us anything.

Last edited:
Quite worrying that the Russians fired on the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power station. It is now under russian control.

BBC R4 news 10 pm last night was reporting on the speech at the flight attendants' dinner without questioning the veracity of the setting or querying how strange it was that long table man was now mixing socially with complete strangers. Oddly I can't seem to find any reference to it now on their news site.

If Bennett (and that strange flight to DC today) are a part of that, trying to end this madness, then I think that’s welcome.
Chartered to pick up a dozen expelled diplomats, according to this.

I was talking about the video that Cid commented on, the one that has Putin apparently at a table with trainee air stewards, which might've been faked/green screened, because it looks like he's waving his hand behind a microphone that sort of looks like it's in front of the person next to him, but I wondered if it might just have been the camera angle.

Thought you might be able to comment from a video editing perspective, if you reckon it's faked or a camera angle thing?
Yes I know, I was just being hilarious .

Looks a bit funny, but potentially the distance between the desk holding the mics in front and long depth of field could be making that look deceptively flat and odd looking. The camera filming would probably been quite a distance away and zoomed in somewhat so that might be all it is. The lighting on the outside of the mic that makes it look cut out in the low Res Twitter image is in keeping with the light on all the people in video. Again this does make it look odd, but personally I would give it the benefit of the doubt, as it's not really the biggest issue and not much really hinges on the outcome one way or another. Putin is still obviously a bit mental, or playing a wild card character to keep people guessing and uncomfortable.

Can’t keep up with this thread or with events generally, but regarding the 40km column of Russian military, seems they are literally bogged down and will be for a month at least. One military talking head was just explaining why it is not being bombed, “it’s a 40km prisoner of war camp that has to feed itself.”

I wonder if the Ukrainian military will ever be in a position to encircle and capture it? That would be such a major propaganda victory that it would probably end the war.

E2a: Being in a 60km traffic jam for over a week when it's freezing, there's not enough food to go around, you're being bombed and you don't want even want to get to your destination anyway sounds like a literal hell.

I wonder if the Ukrainian military will ever be in a position to encircle and capture it? That would be such a major propaganda victory that it would probably end the war.
My fearful concern is that if the Ukrainian forces do seem to be approaching anything like a win situation. Putin, in all his brutal analysis, would possibly use small nuclear weapons to destroy any further resistance.

Ties in with the FSB leak.

Shit is fucked up.

100% with you there.

Really sad read that, how the men interviewed talk about their personal problems, like they’re off to war hoping for some kind of purpose or redemption.
I read it and thought how institutionalised men who join the army become. They sound like homeless ex-cons who've decided to do another job because at least they get a roof and a hot meal in jail.

My fearful concern is that if the Ukrainian forces do seem to be approaching anything like a win situation. Putin, in all his brutal analysis, would possibly use small nuclear weapons to destroy any further resistance.

He's already setting up the nuclear war scenario by making claims the Ukrainians are making a dirty nuclear bomb.

Extraordinary, total Kremlin line from this guy on Fox News, makes you wonder what would things be like if trump was still the president .

I'm getting really worried that if this drags on long term and the republicans get back into power in the US it could turn very bad for the Ukrainians.

Which basically means I am supporting the Democrats and basically want them to act more imperialist.

Really makes me question my own perspective and how right I am.

Back
Top Bottom