Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Point 4 is interesting " Partners from the European Union and U.S. sign a special agreement on common use of Ukraine’s critical resources"

Theres already been a massive firesale buy out of Ukraine resources by the west since the war started...competition from the west and russia over ownership of resources is a big part of the roots of this war....It all feels a little desperate....US planners have long ago accounted for all of the loot, thats their job. As a new bribe it will be met with 'yeah we know' shrugs Id imagine

To put it into context Ukraine's critical minerals deposits are valued at over 26 trillion dollars

and you have multiple people defending the Idea that the war was started and has carried on because of Nato expansion..

not resource grabbing from country that actually started the invasion..
The whole point is that the US led west has pushed eastward since 1990 for exactly the same reason. Whatsmore directly creating the monster of modern Russia as part of the same process, literally leading the state formation oligarch-creating meetings

They've no choice in the matter, really. The country is wrecked and will need billions pumped into it to get back to a proper standard of living, and no one's going to do it just because they feel sorry for them. It's more in line with South Korea than Poland.

The one thing that's certain about the war is Ukraine will be a vassal state. Should Ukraine 'win' then the land, currently held by the state, will be privatised. They've taken out loans at extortionate interest. No surprise your reply is yet another content free post

go back to my last post and rewatch till the message sinks in ..

HTH

that just my standard response to a particular poster

and i think you started off your own commentary with how bad it going to be for the people of Ukrainian if the Russian don't win
very insightful

that just my standard response to a particular poster

and i think you started off your own commentary with how bad it going to be for the people of Ukrainian if the Russian don't win
very insightful
It doesn’t take a genius to understand it’s a bad long term outcome for the Ukrainian people whoever “wins”.

amazingly no one will comment on what happens to people of Ukraine if Russian get its land grab peace deal or control of the whole of Ukraine..

more or less what my initial post said ..

amazingly no one will comment on what happens to people of Ukraine if Russian get its land grab peace deal or control of the whole of Ukraine..
Do you think its possible for the Ukrainian army to expel the Russians from the annexed territories? Your post suggests that has to happen to save those living in those territories. Its not going to happen. So now what?

Perhaps worth remembering that Crimea has been under direct Russian control for a decade and it wasn't that long ago that the whole of Ukraine was run by a pro Russian president.
That is the reality of the situation. All we can do here is understand what is happening, understand why it has got to this, and agitate at our own state level for it not to happen again. That goes well beyond saying Putin is bad and I hope he has cancer.

I'd imagine the general assumption is that they'd be fucked :( Putin will presumably want some revenge for example.

According to a US human rights report on the occupied territories:

Significant human rights issues in the occupied areas included credible reports of: arbitrary or unlawful killings; enforced disappearances; torture and cruel, inhuman, or degrading treatment or punishment by Russia’s forces or Russia-led proxies; harsh and life-threatening prison conditions and transfer of prisoners to Russia; unjust detention; serious problems with the independence of the occupation’s “judiciary”; political prisoners or detainees; unjust interference with privacy; punishment of family members for alleged offenses by a relative; serious abuses in a conflict, including attacks on civilian infrastructure and cities, resulting in widespread civilian death, enforced disappearances or abductions, forcible transfers of civilian populations, torture, physical abuses, and conflict-related sexual violence or punishment; serious restrictions on freedom of expression and media freedom, including violence or threats of violence against journalists, unjust arrests or prosecutions of journalists, and censorship; serious restrictions on internet freedom; substantial interference with the freedom of peaceful assembly and freedom of association, including overly restrictive laws on the organization, funding, or operation of nongovernmental and civil society organizations; severe restrictions of religious freedom; restrictions on freedom of movement; inability of citizens to freely change their government peacefully through free and fair elections; forced participation in sham “elections” organized by Russia in violation of international law; serious and unreasonable restrictions on political participation; serious acts of corruption; serious restrictions on or harassment of domestic and international human rights organizations; extensive gender-based violence, including rape; crimes involving violence or threats of violence targeting members of national/racial/ethnic minority groups or Indigenous persons, including Crimean Tatars and ethnic Ukrainians; trafficking in persons, including forced labor; crimes involving violence or threats of violence targeting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex persons; and prohibiting independent trade unions or significant or systematic restrictions on workers’ freedom of association.

I doubt things would be any different if Russia took control of more Ukrainian territory

Back
Top Bottom