Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

I hope he got himself very far away from Russia before he sent all that stuff.
I'm not sure there's anywhere far enough but wherever it is you'd want to keep your head down for the rest of your days. The helicopter pilot who defected got as far as Spain... so not really that far but it would seem to be his carelessness that done for him, rather than his proximity to Russia (Ukrainian officials claiming he would have been safer staying in Ukraine).

It's like bloody Sunday and the ballymurphy massacre never happened. That our state would never sweep the truth under the carpet for decades. And if British forces behave like that in the UK, if they murder children without repercussions, it's a big ask to argue they'll behave better abroad.

Both over 50 years ago. Can you point to any more recent instances of British Forces deliberately murdering children with no repercussions?

I hope he got himself very far away from Russia before he sent all that stuff.
It’s quite possible he doesn’t exist and they got the information through other means such as hacking, but merely creating a story of there being a mole in the ranks of bomber pilots/targeters is somewhat useful for their cause. Here’s hoping Russia starts bumping them off until the information leaks stop.

Perhaps because it takes a lot of time [years] & resources to fully train a military pilot.
and it would save Ukraine a few missiles ...
That and it will waste a lot of investigative time, and the time of any potential suspects, if they take the bait and believe they have someone disloyal in their midst. And those named in the leak as being on the team bombing hospitals may also need to review their security arrangements, given Ukraine had undertaken successful assassinations of military figures on Russian soil. It’s just a nice bit of disruption that may interfere with the murderous day job.

Back
Top Bottom