Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

did anyone expect Ukraine to hold out for 2 years against Russia which has more troops to pull from and a military budget that eclipsed Ukraine at the start of the war

still fighting after 2 years is an achievement within itself

second part the last 2 years has made it quite clear russian is not the dominant military force it was pretending to be on the world stage
you must've missed all the WINNING ONE MORE PUSH endless posting

as to "an achievement in itself" this isnt an infants swimming contest with gold stars for effort

as to "Russia isn't the dominant force it pretended on the world stage" thats bullshit too, the opposite, who is going to start a war with them next and think they can win?

The sad reality is Russia remains an effective imperialist state and it will continue to play the imperial grand game against all other imperial states <this is the world we live in. And now what?

Just take a little more time. Having to translate some online variant of Norman Collier's microphone sketch distracts from any point you are trying to make.
Tbf, ax's posts are easier to read than some others. Not everybody can structure their grammar and erudition like the learned fellows of politics.

It's a bit tiresome, the mockery of the poster's skills.

There is no mockery of skills, there is mockery of posting any lazy nonsense that comes into your head (after all there is twitter for that).
No one is asking for grammatically correct essay's, but spending a few moments to read others posts, and trying to make your posts coherent to other readers is just polite.

Last edited:
There is no mockery of skills, there is mockery of posting any lazy nonsense that comes into your head (after all there is twitter for that).
No one is asking for grammatically correct essay's, but spending a few moments to read others posts, and trying to make your posts coherent to other readers is just polite.

last post he highlighter made up of 3 lines of text.

if steps has a problem comprehending what 3 lines of text mean maybe the problem might be more in his brainpan that the fact I occasionally post from my phone

but hey how sneering wankers who cannot argue a point but have to resort to picking apart posts for minor grammatical errors what are you gonna do

Last edited:
Tbf, ax's posts are easier to read than some others. Not everybody can structure their grammar and erudition like the learned fellows of politics.

It's a bit tiresome, the mockery of the poster's skills.

Tbf its not about a league table of whose posts are more difficult to read than others. I'd be the last to demand something unrealistic or beyond a poster's capabilities. We all make typos, and spelling errors if we are in a rush or are tired however we can also attempt to read what we have posted and use the edit button. A suitable example is the difference between Ax^ post 31,675 and Ax^ 31,678.

so if you quite done taking cheap shots at me steps

how about we return the thread to it subject matter of the Ukraine war ..

nothing to celebrate about the Russia advance this morning ?

FWiW, I never interpreted all those tractor memes as complacent triumphalism. Quite the reverse. I saw them as part of a grand old tradition of mocking the powerful for their feet of clay. When Russia initially attacked with their 40 mile column of armour and troops, we all assumed that Kyev would be taken within weeks. The fact that this didn’t happen is what led to the mockery. But the analysis of the time was still projecting Ukraine to either lose quickly or get mired in a trench warfare stalemate for years. I know because I was doing work on it at the time. I remember submitting a paper to our audit and risk committee at about this time in 2022 that had the implications of what we saw as the two possible scenarios in it — Ukraine lose fast and Ukraine lose slow. That was the height of the tractor memes, but I never interpreted those as indicating Russia were about to be driven out.

Given the amount of utter shite and seriously dodgy views that this thread is hosting, Ax seems a very strange selection as a source of irritation.
There has been a lot of shit posted and I don't think any of claims that people are fascists or imperialists help.
But at no point has 39th posted anything cheering on the Russian state or Putin. It's just a continued stupid lazy hypocritical smear from Ax.

But at no point has 39th posted anything cheering on the Russian state or Putin.

He hasn't but TC and Kerm are just a fag-paper away, and Steps has been more generous than most to those two, so I can understand why Ax might lash out at him for criticising his post construction!

Reactions: Ax^
last post he highlighter made up of 3 lines of text.

if steps has a problem comprehending what 3 lines of text mean maybe the problem might be more in his brainpan that the fact I occasionally post from my phone

but hey how sneering wankers who cannot argue a point but have to resort to picking apart posts for minor grammatical errors what are you gonna do
It's not really minor grammatical errors, missing out words and that. I don't believe you've argued that many points on this thread as pretty much every time one of your claims is questioned you fling your toys out the pram.

Take your claim about the cost of the kerch bridge for instance. The source you produced didnt agree with the number you claimed. You started going on about the rouble/dollar exchange rate for some obscure reason, like that was at all relevant. And then started wibbling about 30 magic beans.

Pickman go have a walk or maybe wank or something it is a nice sunny Sunday on a bank holiday

jesus Christ I cannot be arsed with your endless need to prove yourself right

and again this is a thread about the russian war in Ukraine so back to the subject matter thank you

Pickman go have a walk or maybe wank or something it is a nice sunny Sunday on a bank holiday

jesus Christ I cannot be arsed with your endless need to prove yourself right

and again this is a thread about the russian war in Ukraine so back to the subject matter thank you
Personal abuse isn't really supporting your bit about arguing points. It's an abject admission you can't.

telling you to go have a walk or a wank is personal abuse now

scrapping the bloody barrel a bit no :hmm:

telling you to go have a walk or a wank is personal abuse now

scrapping the bloody barrel a bit no :hmm:
Yeh i'd class the wank bit as abuse. If anyone's scraping the barrel here its you. You also think alleging an endless need to prove oneself right is fair comment - even tho the only place it exists is your mind. I'm wrong as often as other people - take the day Cameron was appointed, for example, or the vaunted ability of the Russian army at the start of the smo, tho I was in good company on that. So yeh let's return to the war in Ukraine by all means. But let's leave the cunt-calling and suggestions people are sexually frustrated out of the thread.

livemap says Ukraine shot down 23 of 24 shahed drones last night, and yesterday sources claim the Ukrainians shot down another 13 drones and a Sukhoi-25 near Donetsk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom